The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD May 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen3 L2
Blade: Personna Reds (D7)
Brush: IBLE 2012 Boar
Scuttle: TheMudPlace Big Daddy Oiled Mahogany
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Moon Soaps Trade Winds
Balm: Moon Soaps Trade Winds
Aftershave: Moon Soaps Trade Winds

First flight of my new Blacland Blackbird razor! I have no idea why so many folks are intimidated by this razor. I fond it to be smooth, precise, efficient, quite tame, and most enjoyable,.... even for a 1st ever shave with it. I did 2 passes, both against the grain (yeah, that's how I shave) and finished super smooth with absolutely no issues whatsoever. A gentle touch is all I needed and the 'Bird did the rest almost on auto pilot. No issues with angles or anything.

I am surely gonna LOVE this razor! The weight and balance of the stainless steel is wonderful to me! I will do a more comprehensive review after more flights.

20230521_114436.jpg

21 May, 2023

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Great shave to begin the day. New soap arrived from Phoenix Shaving. "11235" is an homage to the venerable "4711", the original Eau de Cologne, and is a very good representation. I like the Fibonacci reference on the label too (4711: 4 + 7 = 11) and I'm guessing the guy is supposed to be Leonardo Bonacci. Great scent and lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Canyon" for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with 4711 after shave splash and cologne.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "11235" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Canyon" ST Badger / Blackland Razors "Era"
Gillette Wilkinson Sword /
Alum / Muelhens "4711" After Shave Splash / Muelhens "4711" EdC

IMG-2246.jpg

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Karve D
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (D1)
Brush: Oumo Compass Undercurrent 31mm Manchurian
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Moon Soap Sorrento Iced (Koolada)
Balm: Moon Soaps Sorrento
Aftershave: Extro Cologne Italiana

Have to Work on Sundays and shave at work before going to Kingdom Hall (church). Then back to work after meetings. Blue Henson medium aggressive. Cremo original hot water activated shave cream. Gets pretty slick. Make sure to wash sickness off hands or you can drop razor if you don’t. Doesn't lather much, but pretty good sickness. Back to straight razor tomorrow.

Have to Work on Sundays and shVe artwork before going to Kingdom Hall (church). Then back to work after meetings. Blue Henson medium aggressive. Cremo original hot water activated shave cream. Gets pretty slick. Make sure to wash sickness off hands or you can drop razor if you don’t. Doesn't lather much, but pretty good sickness. Back to straight razor tomorrow.

Have to Work on Sundays and shVe artwork before going to Kingdom Hall (church). Then back to work after meetings. Blue Henson medium aggressive. Cremo original hot water activated shave cream. Gets pretty slick. Make sure to wash sickness off hands or you can drop razor if you don’t. Doesn't lather much, but pretty good sickness. Back to straight razor tomorrow.
Welcome! :-)

Picture not uploading for some reason 20230521_101407.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back