The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD March 21-27, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
S.O.T.D - Abbate Y La Mantia - Garibaldi 💈

• Razor - CG - Brass Gen1 - Lvl1
  • Brush - Paladin - PK-47 26mm
  • Blade - Polsilver
  • PostShave - Thayer’s Original
  • PreShave Oil - AOS
  • AfterShave Splash - AYLM - Garibaldi
  • AfterShave Balm - Zingary Mann (Unscented)
  • Shaving Bowl - CC - Copper
Best Regards

Alan H

Attachments

• AE8A0BEB-D921-49EA-BC6A-C9220A3118F2.jpeg
    AE8A0BEB-D921-49EA-BC6A-C9220A3118F2.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 01AF8595-1B3B-4F8C-A303-5B995F34B933.jpeg
    01AF8595-1B3B-4F8C-A303-5B995F34B933.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 78631AA0-4BBD-4A4C-AF03-2B9663EBCB7B.jpeg
    78631AA0-4BBD-4A4C-AF03-2B9663EBCB7B.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 3
Fri 25 SOTD
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade SilverStar Super Stainless 5th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + PAA Cavendish Splash
My 1st & very best tobacco pipe-scented soap started my tobacco collections. This soap remains number 1 for scent, thickly rich creamy, and very slick lather...love it!
Today's shave with this razor paired with the blade was amazing! The blade made a huge difference...super smooth, effortlessly comfortable, and surprisingly efficient. 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Sooo good! The matching aftershave was so good too, truly cementing this Soap & AS combo as my number 1.
20220325_110926.jpg

Another round of power smells today. The Rolls really hit the mark with a great BBS.

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial #2
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks 28mm SHD badger
Soap: Old Vintage Williams
Splash: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
Scent: Giorgio Beverly Hills

20220324_192900.jpg

Friday SOTD

DSCF0041.png

Gillette ‘46-’47 Aristocrat / Nacet
Cremo Original Shave Cream
Aqua Velva Aftershave
Super quick, but enjoyable shave. Love the Crat with a Nacet.

First accident for Rosie so far. My fault, I should have braved the rain and taken her out as soon as I woke up.

DSC_9956.png

Friday SOTD

View attachment 78755

Gillette ‘46-’47 Aristocrat / Nacet
Cremo Original Shave Cream
Aqua Velva Aftershave
Super quick, but enjoyable shave. Love the Crat with a Nacet.

First accident for Rosie so far. My fault, I should have braved the rain and taken her out as soon as I woke up.

View attachment 78756
Hey if that is the first accident - you’re not doing too bad.

It’s Friday, baseball is right around the corner, let’s have some fun - bubble gum shave - scent smells just like that Double Bubble Gum you got in Little League

SOTD: 03/25/2022

1648211614271.jpeg

Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Handle
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Ginger’s Garden Pink Boi Stick
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Pink Boi Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male EdT

It’s Friday, baseball is right around the corner, let’s have some fun - bubble gum shave - scent smells just like that Double Bubble Gum you got in Little League

SOTD: 03/25/2022

View attachment 78759

Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Handle
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Ginger’s Garden Pink Boi Stick
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Pink Boi Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male EdT
Is that a stainless Overlander?

Gillette Slim 1968 N-2
Super-Max Blue Diamond (2)
Stirling Best Badger, 22mm

Latha Shaving Soap

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel,
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

Have a great shave everyone
1d3c0facaa9d9c11f3db12f800b9b423.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Thank you - I am really pleased with the way it turned out! I saw someone else that plated theirs in Rose Gold - but rose gold doesn’t have the durability compared to yellow gold or rhodium. Plus the benny for me is that the rhodium to me looks like high polished stainless steel - it’s a modern Gillette - brass razor coated in Rhodium 😂

25 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Fantastic end-of-the-workweek shave. Love the scent and performance of the ETHOS "Fresco" shave soap. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of custom lime EO scented skin food splash and a spray of AdP "Colonia".

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Green Zebra" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials Custom Collection "Lime EO" Skin Food Splash / Acqua Di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-8710.jpg

25 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Fantastic end-of-the-workweek shave. Love the scent and performance of the ETHOS "Fresco" shave soap. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of custom lime EO scented skin food splash and a spray of AdP "Colonia".

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Green Zebra" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials Custom Collection "Lime EO" Skin Food Splash / Acqua Di Parma "Colonia" EdC

View attachment 78765
That brush is 🔥

Friday AM 2022-03-25
Édouard-Léon Scott de Martinville patented the first sound recording device, the phonoautograph, on this date in 1857
ONXUF2e.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3 Porcelain Finest (26/54)
Ethos Grooming Vanilla Safi shaving soap
Paradigm Diamondback 2020
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (16)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave

A wonderful shave, even with the well-used blade. There may have been some controversy about Paradigm's business practices on other shaving sites, but I don't think anyone has made better razors, IMHO. And the vanilla and tobacco scents went together beautifully.
afcGGwv.jpg

Pre-shave: Van Der Hagen Shave Butter
Lather: Moon Soaps "Havana"
Brush: Yaqi Ever-Helpful 22mm Synthetic
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (3.5, 3, 2, 5)
Blade: Tatra Platinum (2)
Post-shave: Omega Alum Stick and HC&C White Star unscented balm with HC&C "Havana Breeze" fragrance drops

SOTD_2022-03-25_Merkur-Progress.4.3.jpg

This was a shave of many firsts. The Yaqi brush, Merkur Progress, and Moon soap are all new. The Progress has much more heft than I expected and I was immediately pleased with the quality of the razor. The Yaqi Ever-Helpful brush is a little smaller than I normally use but it did a great job of whipping up Moon's Havana soap into a creamy, well-hydrated lather.

This was a very enjoyable shave. I ended up with an irritation-free BBS result. 9.7/10, deducting a few tenths for missing a few spots. Happy shaves all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back