The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD March 21-27, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
23 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning! It must be more than a year since I last used this soap and splash and I still hold to my opinion that this is the closest analogue to original YSL Rive Gauche that I've found (YMMV of course). So this soap / splash / EdP combo will always have a spot in my shave den. Very slick and cushioning lather. Popped a fresh Gillette Platinum in the EJ 3ONE6 head which gave a fantastically smooth and comfortable shave. Literally no feedback from the alum block this morning. None! Finished with a spray of the matching EdP. Wonderful!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "CaD" Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks "Roll Tide" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "CaD" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Phoenix Shaving "CaD" EdP

IMG-8698.jpg

Gillette Slim 1968 N-2
Super-Max Blue Diamond (1)
Omega LE Boar, Unclipped 27/64

Latha Shaving Soap

Thayer's Unscented Witch Hazel,
PAA Briar Aftershave & Cologne

Have a great shave everyone
a2370a2287a02cb6501fbc8fb4aa8b98.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Thu 24 SOTD
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby Boar
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 Fine India Steel
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA+ TGS Abysso Splash
This is an absolutely awesome soap! The scent upon opening the lid was a wow! Together with the awesome brush, easily whipped up a creamily thick, and slick lather...
This beautiful antique razor returns from a re-honed & finished on a Nakayama. The edge...amazing buttery smoothness, very comfortable and efficient. Managed a workday rush 2.5passes for an enjoyable dfs+/ccs result. The aftershaves were terrific and matched well with the soap...
20220324_085849.jpg

Dark dank Lovecraftian smells. I feel lile an ancient one! Great BBS today.

Razor: Peerless Jr, Souix City Iowa
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks 28mm SHD badger
Soap: Old Vintage Williams
Splash: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
Scent: Majikah Perfumery Dark Patchouli Spice

20220324_054230.jpg

SOTD: 03/24/2022

1648126960626.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SR (Folding, Blue)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Cola
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Apex Alchemy Shaving Cold One Puck
Aftershave: Apex Alchemy Shaving Cold One Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Christian Dior Homme EdC

24 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Fantastic shave this morning! Went with Stirling;s "Eucalyptus Mint" for a nice, refreshing start to the day. Excellent lather! Three passes for a DFS++ result and I finished with the matching witch hazel and aloe splash. I did ad just a bit of vintage Avon "Everest" to it just to give it a little something more scent-wise. Finished with a spray of Rochas "Moustache" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Eucalyptus Mint" Shave Soap / WWBW "Invasion" Synth / EF 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Eucalyptus Mint" Witch Hazel & Aloe Splash (+ Avon "Everest") / Rochas "Moustache" EdT

IMG-8705.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back