The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Razor
Bolzano Superinox Blade (1)
Omega Silvertip Badger 22/55

Proraso Wood and Spice Shaving Cream & After Shave Balm
02797b1ccac35622f35c0ea0d1b9fe60.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

26 March, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning! New soap / splash day with the arrival of "Oud Spice" from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. I was a little hesitant in ordering this one as the thought of "Old Spice" combined with agar wood didn't sound like something that would work. But my misgivings were unfounded. Great scent! Shulton-era OS with a hint of smoky, leathery, woody oud which complements it nicely. Excellent lather built with the new Wild West Brushworks "Bisbee" Sweet Spot Badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '69 Gillette Super 109, and I finished with the matching AS and Procter & Gamble "Old Spice" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

PAA "Oud Spice" Shave Soap / WWBW "Bisbee" Sweet Spot Badger Brush / '69 Gillette Super 109
Gillette Platinum / Alum / PAA "Oud Spice" After Shave Splash / P&G "Old Spice" EdC

IMG_4427.jpg

#sotd #ChrismMass

Today is Tuesday of Holy Week. One of the days ( Either today or Thursday morning) when the Chrism Mass is celebrated. This is the mass where the Sacred Oils that are used throughout the year are blessed.

Let's open the books on this shave:

Preshave - Hot Shower
Brush - Erskine
Razor - Supply SE
Soap/Balm - Glory and Shine Chrism
Cologne - Barrett Fragrances Bonfire Nights

1000011705.jpg

27 March 2024
IMG_4498.jpeg

Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 13th use
Brush: Wald Delphi Pigeon A1 Fan
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper “Obsidian” Bowl
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Twee! Croap
Balm: Ethos Unscented Skin Food Lotion
Fragrance: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Twee Solid Cologne

27 March, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning! Returned to ETHOS Grooming Essentials and Frank's excellent "Blood Orange" soap & splash set from his Italia Collection. Excellent scent and super thick and slick lather built with the new Paladin "Tigris Perla" 2-Band Select Badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Tatara Masamune, and I finished with the matching AS and Rochas "Moustache" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Blood Orange" Shave Soap / Paladin "Tigris Perla" 2-Band Badger Brush / Tatara Masamune
Gillette Platinum / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Blood Orange" Skin Food Splash / Rochas "Moustache" EdT

IMG_4433.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back