The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSOTD 3.22.24
619c8215cad48f3785087e44d96fc192.jpg

Rex Supply Konsul
Wizamet SI
Hendrix Classics Multi wXTC knot
Barrister and Mann Mélange

1000011638.jpg

#sotd #straightrazorsaturday

Preshave - Hot Shower
Preshave-oil/Brush/Bowl/Trifecta - Van Yulay PSO/Hercules/Honeycomb/Amber Royale
Razors - Face Jatai International - Feather SS Kamisori style Head Leaf Shave Leaf

From VanYulay's website: Amber Floral fragrance for women and men. Roja Dove Haute was launched in 2019. The nose behind this fragrance is Roja Dove. Top notes are Aldehydes, Orange, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Mandarin Orange and Lemon; middle notes are Violet, Peach, Labdanum, Lily-of-the-Valley, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Champaca and Geranium; base notes are Cashmirwood, Iris, Moss, Patchouli, Vanilla, Labdanum, Amyris, Sandalwood, Civet, Benzoin, Olibanum, Coriander, Tonka Bean, Ambrarome, Ginger, Musk, Pepper, Vetiver and Peru Balsam.

My thoughts: as I have no point of reference on the scent I go with what I get. The fruitier tone mellow the floral into a fragrance that is quite pleasant on a spring day like today. The vanilla, sandalwood and tonka bean gives this a smooth finish.

View attachment 128794

#sotd #straightrazorsaturday

Preshave - Hot Shower
Preshave-oil/Brush/Bowl/Trifecta - Van Yulay PSO/Hercules/Honeycomb/Amber Royale
Razors - Face Jatai International - Feather SS Kamisori style Head Leaf Shave Leaf

From VanYulay's website: Amber Floral fragrance for women and men. Roja Dove Haute was launched in 2019. The nose behind this fragrance is Roja Dove. Top notes are Aldehydes, Orange, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Mandarin Orange and Lemon; middle notes are Violet, Peach, Labdanum, Lily-of-the-Valley, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Champaca and Geranium; base notes are Cashmirwood, Iris, Moss, Patchouli, Vanilla, Labdanum, Amyris, Sandalwood, Civet, Benzoin, Olibanum, Coriander, Tonka Bean, Ambrarome, Ginger, Musk, Pepper, Vetiver and Peru Balsam.

My thoughts: as I have no point of reference on the scent I go with what I get. The fruitier tone mellow the floral into a fragrance that is quite pleasant on a spring day like today. The vanilla, sandalwood and tonka bean gives this a smooth finish.

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Steampunk Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Rotbart (D3)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express Synthetic 24mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Catie's Bubbles Bailey's Irish Coffee
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

23 March, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Taylor of Old Bond Street and their excellent "Grapefruit" shave cream. Nice sharp & tart grapefruit scent with excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" Sweet Spot ST Badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the SS Karve Christopher Bradley razor, and I finished with Master Splash Creations "Grapefruit Zest after shave tonic.

Hope you have a great day. :)

TOBS "Grapefruit" Shave Cream / WWBW "REM Cycle" Sweet Spot ST Badger Brush / Karve Christopher Bradley
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Master Splash Creations "Grapefruit Zest" After Shave Tonic

IMG_4406.jpg

24 March, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Wholly Kaw and their excellent "Fougère Bouquet" shave soap. Nice Earthy-green and floral notes with excellent lather built with the Riva Manchurian Badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy, and I finished with Brut Splash On.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Wholly Kaw "Fougère Bouquet" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes Manchurian Badger Brush / '61 Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Brut "Brut Splash On"

IMG_4415.jpg

24 March 2024
IMG_4483.jpeg

Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 10th use
Brush: Wald Delphi Pigeon A1 Fan
Soap: Barrister And Mann Bay Rum Croap
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Clásico Bay Rum Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum

Status
Not open for further replies.