The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD July 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday's Shave

DSC_1913 (2).png
Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Stando Single Edge “Rod”
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Vtg. Ever-Ready 200 24mm Manchurian gel tip badger
Soap: ‌Ethos Grooming Essentials Greenfresh Premium Shave Soap
Post: Ethos Grooming Essentials Greenfresh Skin Food Splash

Thu 28
Soap Yaqi Malibu
Brush Yaqi 24 Freedom
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Shark Platinum 2nd
Aftershave Yaqi Malibu Splash
The soap is good, as seen by the lather qualities...really slick! The scent is matched by the aftershave and both smelt very nice!!
This shave with one of my top-rated razors and the blade provided a very smooth comfortable efficient & enjoyable experience. The shark blade is friendly today, no blood after 3passes for a bbs finish...
20220728_115428.jpg

27 July, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A rather mixed bag for today's shave. Had a couple of new items that I hadn't used yet and thought I'd take care of that today. The "Rabid Banana" is great performing soap but I'm still not sure on the scent. It's not bad, just not something I'd expect in a shaving soap. Kind of a banana Laffy Taffy scent. Still, it provided a great shave base. Decided to add some Grooming Essentials Ice Dragon drops to chill things down a little. Three passes and I finished with a splash of RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" after shave tonic (great splash with a nice menthol kick that sneaks up on you) and a spray of AdP Colonia.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Rabid Banana" Shave Soap / Grooming Essentials Ice Dragon Ice Drops / Shore Shave Custom Classic Synth
Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet / Alum / RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" After Shave Tonic / Acqua di Parma Colonia EdC

View attachment 89820
Nice brush choice with the Rabid Banana

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

RazorRock Black Hawk SE, V1
KAI Pink Mild Blade (3)
PAA Atomic Rocket Synth, 26/63.5

GIBBS Shaving Cream

Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel
Canoe After Shave Splash

Have a great shave
fccd370b82344d3bb6696e7cd84d2e46.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

SOTD: 07/28/2022
93680A80-E59B-4D23-B915-56E19E8A25A6.jpeg
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional, 4th use
Brush: Simpsons Keyhole KH4 Best Badger
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper “Obsidian” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: CBL Soap Inconceivable Croap
Aftershave: CBL Soap Inconceivable Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Witch Hazel

28 July, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Fantastic shave this morning. New brush day as well! Got in my new buckeye burl synth from RajonCajon. Went back to SV's "Manna di Sicilia". Fantastic lather and scent! Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with the matching ASL and a spray of Creed "Himalaya" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Manna di Sicilia" Shave Soap / RajonCajon Buckeye Burl Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor
Wizamet / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Manna di Sicilia" After Shave Lotion / Creed "Himalaya" EdP

IMG-9722.jpg

SOTD July 28
Dean Markwalter Green Nebula Brush
Artrazor Consul 8/8 Full Hollow
Wholly Kaw Double Agent
Nishane B-612
Fantastic shave. This Consul is very well balanced and has a fantastic edge. It took me a while to feel comfortable holding a straight razor after so many months, but once the muscle memory (sort of) returned, and once I slowed down, the shave was excellent.polish_save.jpg

Thursday AM 2022-07-28
Birthdate in 1840 of essentially self-trained zoologist Edward Drinker Cope (who named more than 1000 vertebrate species, including the poison frog family Dendrobatidae)
N4blnko.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Faux Ivory Finest (24/58)
Floris Santal shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Wilkinson Light Brigade (12)
Paco Rabanne aftershave
QAitqsK.jpg

Friday's Shave

DSC_9020 copy (1).png
Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Charcoal Goods Everyday Brass
Blade: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Brush: Elite Razor Fire and Ice 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Soap: ‌Ethos Grooming Essentials Mélange d’agrumes Shave Soap
Post: Ethos Grooming Essentials Mélange d’agrumes Skin Food Splash

Fri 29 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Shark Super Stainless 2nd
Aftershave TGS Orange Empire Splash
This is a wonderful orangy scented soap and especially the aftershave...lovely! The lather is nicely thick creamy and slick too...whip-up easily with this awesome brush..love it!
Today's choice with this good razor paired with the excellent blade can only mean 1 thing...an outstanding shave!! Very smooth comfortable and efficient in 3passes without any blood issues for a bbs finish...
20220729_130056.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back