The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD July 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
07/27/2022

E536CA68-1E3A-4FCA-8376-4FED4098271D.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional, 3rd use
Brush: Simpsons Keyhole KH4 Best Badger
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper “Obsidian” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sacré Bleu Croap
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sacré Bleu Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Witch Hazel

Not sure about this scent. The soap is fine, Aqua Velvesque , and fades quickly enough during use.

The splash is a powder bomb up front that settles down to a more AV scent. There is one note that feels off.

I’ve never tried the old school Aqua Velva, so I’m curious if the powder note is something that used to be more present, or if it is a PAA addition to make it more of their take.

Wed 27 SOTD
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Shark Super Stainless 1st
Aftershave PAA Cavendish Splash
Wow...!! Super awesome Soap and Splash for the aromatic pipe scent which really lasted. The rich creamy, and very slick lather is just great!
This shave with one of my fav vintage razors paired with the blade was very very good. 3 silky smooth+efficient passes=bbs finish. No blood this morning...too silky smooth for any bites :LOL: A very enjoyable session! I just love the wonderful aromatic pipe smell...mmmm!!
20220727_103054.jpg

RazorRock Black Hawk SE, V1
KAI Pink Mild Blade (2)
Omega Boar ,23/50

Triple Milled I Forgot the Name Soap

Dickinson's Witch Hazel with Peppermint and Tea Tree oils added,
P&G Old Spice Aftershave

Have a great shave
48ea10840762ae91516cd16eb3e361b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

27 July, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A rather mixed bag for today's shave. Had a couple of new items that I hadn't used yet and thought I'd take care of that today. The "Rabid Banana" is great performing soap but I'm still not sure on the scent. It's not bad, just not something I'd expect in a shaving soap. Kind of a banana Laffy Taffy scent. Still, it provided a great shave base. Decided to add some Grooming Essentials Ice Dragon drops to chill things down a little. Three passes and I finished with a splash of RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" after shave tonic (great splash with a nice menthol kick that sneaks up on you) and a spray of AdP Colonia.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Rabid Banana" Shave Soap / Grooming Essentials Ice Dragon Ice Drops / Shore Shave Custom Classic Synth
Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet / Alum / RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" After Shave Tonic / Acqua di Parma Colonia EdC

IMG-9712.jpg

SOTD: 07/27/2022

1658931754556.jpeg

Razor: Bartmann 5/8” Primo (Friday)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Starcraft
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Dr. Jon’s Shaving Soap Co Hydra Puck
Aftershave: Dr. Jon’s Shaving Soap Co Hydra Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Forever EdP

Status