The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Jan. 3- Jan. 9, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday AM 2022-01-05
National Screenwriters Day
DBcYm1s.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Floris No. 89 shaving cream
Wilkinson Bonded System (4)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)
DTMBidu.jpg

Thu 6 SOTD
Soap LaToja Stick
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade American Shave Platinum 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Malibu Splash
This soap does not look impressive but boy, upon lathering...which was really easy, the lather is very impressive. A pleasant mild scent together with a super creamy, and very slick lather...must use this for straights. Outstanding soap!
An excellent shave with the razor paired with the blade+2 shims. Forgotten I have 1 shim plus a previous SilverStar blade inside. The result was great...in 3passes for a bbs finish. The aftershaves were terrific as well.
20220106_101015.jpg

More work on this 3017. Still great shaves.

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB 38
Blade: Nacet (18)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm tux
Soap: Shulton Old Spice
Splash: ViJon Spice
Balm: C.O. Bigelow 1703 Red
Scent: Majikah Perfumery Black Patchouli Spice

20220106_051536.jpg

6 January, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

I see @NickCard got the memo this morning. 😁

Fantastic shave this morning. Went with First Line Shave's "Illustrious Oud". First use and I was blown away with both the quality of lather and ease of building it. The scent is a lovely earthy, spice-oud with a touch of sweetness in the background. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Arabiyat "Oud Al Layl" EdP. Wonderful!

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "First Lather" / First Line Shave "Illustrious Oud" Shave Soap / Shave Forge Synth / PAA SS META-4
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / First Line Shave "Illustrious Oud" Aftershave Splash / Arabiyat "Oud Al Layl" EdP

IMG-8095.jpg

6 January, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

I see @NickCard got the memo this morning. 😁

Fantastic shave this morning. Went with First Line Shave's "Illustrious Oud". First use and I was blown away with both the quality of lather and ease of building it. The scent is a lovely earthy, spice-oud with a touch of sweetness in the background. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Arabiyat "Oud Al Layl" EdP. Wonderful!

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "First Lather" / First Line Shave "Illustrious Oud" Shave Soap / Shave Forge Synth / PAA SS META-4
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / First Line Shave "Illustrious Oud" Aftershave Splash / Arabiyat "Oud Al Layl" EdP

View attachment 72408
Excellent choice of shave software today! 😂

Thought I'd test my skills with the DE.

Feather Blade!
Krave CB Solid Brass DE razor with an "F" plate (1.23mm Blade Gap).
Zingari Man Suds
Restored vintage Boar Brush
Splash of Clubman to finish.
I came away with one tiny weeper where I always seem to have a weeper so my skills are strong.
thumbsup.gif
And getting better still.
IMG_20220106_105924916.jpg

SOTD: 01/06/2022

1641494007060.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Folding, Walnut)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Christian Dior Eau Sauvage EdT

Fri 7 SOTD
Cream Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Derby Usta 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
Just an all-around wonderful lather from this cream! Awesome delicious-looking cone of creamy and slick lather...
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was good. Easy, smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish. Aftershaves were great!
20220107_102240.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back