The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Jan. 3- Jan. 9, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkB

“TSC’s Happy Hogan”
Veteran
3 January, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A surprise 4" inches of snow this morning! Very rare in these parts! We were under a winter storm warning yesterday but historically it almost never pans out. Quite surprising. Very pretty now but I'm sure, once it's over, there will be a few deaths due to lack of bread and milk.

Fantastic shave today. Great lather and scent from Noble Otter's "Thé Noir Et Vanille" soap. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of SpiceBomb EdT. Fantastic!

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "First Lather" / Noble Otter "Thé Noir Et Vanille" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Antique" Synth / PAA SS META-4
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Noble Otter "Thé Noir Et Vanille" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / SpiceBomb EdT

IMG-8069.jpg

Another great shave today. Nothing like a boar brush and vintage soap. OS and Shock are a fun combo. Enjoying it.

Razor: Johan Engström, Eskilstuna Sweden
Brush: Semogue 830 boar
Soap: Shulton Old Spice
Splash: ViJon Ivy Club Spice
Balm: C.O. Bigelow 1703 Red
Scent: CK One Shock

20220103_094701.jpg

Monday AM 2022-01-03
International Mind-Body Wellness Day
URHb8Pm.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3 Porcelain Finest (26/54)
Acqua di Parma Colonia shaving soap (original)
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (5)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave
Ymc1kqX.jpg

Mon 3 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Hypnotic Blue
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P on Yaqi Razzo Rocket SS Handle
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Hypnotic Blue Splash
Superb soap qualities! Love the scent + the lather creaminess and slickness...
An excellent shave with a good razor paired with an even better blade. So smooth and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish. Aftershaves were awesome!
20220103_101404.jpg
Tue 4 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Lemon Lime Cedarwood
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Feather AC Clone Kamisori
Blade Feather ProGuard 11th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Lemon Lime Cedarwood Splash
Wonderful soap! A nice mild scent with thickly creamy and slick lather...very cooling properties too!
Just another excellent shave with this razor paired with the well-used blade. Easy, smooth, and still efficient enough...in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. The aftershaves were just numbingly cold, but I like it...hahaha!
20220104_113954.jpg

First day back to the office for the new year. Time to bomb them with some of the Intense 🥃😎(y)

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB 38
Blade: Nacet (16)
Brush: Fine 24mm
Soap: Shulton Old Spice
Splash: ViJon Spice
Balm: C.O. Bigelow 1703 Red
Scent: Bentley Intense

20220104_045637.jpg

4 January, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Fantastic shave this morning! Got in my bottle of Zoologist "Bee' yesterday so I used "BEE-spoke", the matching soap and after shave tonic from @CBLSoap.com . Three passes worth of superb lather provided a DFS+ result. Finished with the aforementioned matching tonic and a spray of "Bee". Wonderful!!

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "First Lather" / CBL Soaps "Bee-Spoke" Shave Soap / YAQI "Bali" Badger / PAA SS META-4
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / CBL Soaps "Bee-Spoke" After Shave Tonic / Zoologist "Bee" EdP

IMG-8077.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back