The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD August 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
29 August 2023

IMG_1435.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 4th use
Brush: Simpsons Tulip T2 Super Badger
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper “Obsidian” Bowl
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Tea Party Croap
Aftershave: The Holy Black Bootlegger Bay Rum Aftershave

29 August, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Borrowing a page from the @bosch playbook this morning, pairing MdC "Original" shave soap and "Floid". Very nice! It's been a while since I last used the soap and I'll definitely begin using it more often. Great scent and excellent lather built with the Riva Brushes ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer and I finished with the aforementioned "Floid" splash and Creed "Bois du Portugal" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Martin de Candre "Original" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes Italian Heather Briar ST Badger / RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette Minora / Alum / Floid Vigoroso After Shave Splash / Creed "Bois du Portugal" EdC

IMG-3016.jpg

Wednesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: GEM Jr. Black Fat Handle
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D3)
Brush: Semogue 2000
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Oil: Black Ship Grooming Unscented
Shave Soap: Catie's Bubbles Le Piment de la Vie
Butter: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Beaver WoodWright Aladdin's Spice

Really injoying this Tranquility Bay Shave Soap and Splash, so just had to use it again, very slick also.
Razor: One Blade SE pivoting head razor. Proprietary Feather blade, only blade that works with it.
Shave Nation Lather bowl
Westcoast shaving brush synthetic
20230829_180540.jpg

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.05
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless
Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01
Lather: Zingari Man The Watchman
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Watchman Aftershave Balm
Zingari Man The Watchman Recovery Splash
Additional Care:
Osma Tradition Alum Block
1d5ffddad7d9344741952fc0706f660f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

30 August, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave today. Went back to Saponificio Varesino and their "Dolomiti" shave soap & ASL. The scent is hard for me to describe. Almost a medicinal / herbal / botanical note off the soap but there are more citrus, woody, spicy notes with the ASL. But the real star here is the lather. Very slick and cushioning, built with the Zenith Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Badlands Shaving Cocobolo DE and I finished with the matching ASL and Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" Shave Cream / Zenith Manchurian Badger / Badlands Shaving DE
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" After Shave Lotion / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-3022.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back