The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD August 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
28 August 2023

IMG_1431.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 3rd use
Brush: Simpsons Tulip T2 Super Badger
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Proraso Rinfrescante Cream
Aftershave: Floïd The Genuine Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum

PAA Starling v2 gem type razor with open comb baseplate, closed comb plate still in box . Gem blade installed. vintage shave scuttle with Williams shave soap reduced diameter to fit. Pinuad original aftershave, Nivea unscented shave balm.
Smilez4Milez Olive wood badger brush
View attachment 117904
Love the old scuttle and the King, WILLIAMS. RIP, but thankfully there is still a ton of it out there for now.

Best wishes!

28 August, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Rough morning but a great shave and hot coffee helps. Went with Moon Soaps and their "Trade Winds" shave soap. Not much scent but excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Canyon" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Tortola" skin food splash & Ogallala "Double-Strength Bay Rum" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Moon Soaps "Trade Winds" Shave Soap / WWBW "Canyon" ST Badger / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Minora
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Tortola" Skin Food Splash / Ogallala "Double-Strength Bay Rum" EdC

IMG-3008.jpg

Merkur Bakelite DE SB Razor
Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (1)
Vie-Long Mixed Boar/Horse 24/58

Mama Bear's Amaretto Royale Soap

Moon Soaps Amaretto Speciale Post Shave Balm
65544914914204c43a99cccd42757d35.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Mama Bear's! THAT IS a blast from the past! I need to pull out some of mine for my next shave. I think my first actual Shaving Soap was Mama Bear's Pine needles or Fir needles.

Mama Bear's! THAT IS a blast from the past! I need to pull out some of mine for my next shave. I think my first actual Shaving Soap was Mama Bear's Pine needles or Fir needles.
Thanks. I was just starting out in wet shaving and was reading Leisureguy's Guide to Gourmet Shaving some years back. Mama Bear's was mentioned in it. The other day I was rummaging through a container of things I had purchased but never used. A few of the small rounds of her soaps were there. I picked that one out.

Thanks. I was just starting out in wet shaving and was reading Leisureguy's Guide to Gourmet Shaving some years back. Mama Bear's was mentioned in it. The other day I was rummaging through a container of things I had purchased but never used. A few of the small rounds of her soaps were there. I picked that one out.

I got started by reading Leisureguy's book too!

Tuesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D2)
Brush: T&H Wellington 24mm Super Badger
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Spa
Shave Soap: Route 66 Perfect Gent
Butter: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Alpa Fougère

Youtube Sinatra Lennon shave
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
shave soap: Barbasol Original
Pinaud Clubman Original as a substitute for Osage Rub since I don't have that.
If must use can shaving cream must recommend this, definitely better than Gillette Foamy or gel. But for me I'll stick with Williams shave soap or PAA soap
20230828_205557.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back