The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD August 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: GEM Junior Bar/Elite Razor Turkish Walnut
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D4)
Brush: Omega 21713 Boar Brush
Bowl: Buffalo Horn 6”
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Bay Rum
Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Kyovu Bay Rum (photo shows original but found the bay rum)

30 August 2023

IMG_1449.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 5th use
Brush: Simpsons Tulip T2 Super Badger
Soap: CBL Soap Hammam Spa (Orion) Croap
Aftershave: CBL Soap Hammam Spa Aftershave

Never used in the box 1937 Valet Autostrop, (used 1 time now 😉).
Mama Bears Age spice shave soap. Decided to just rub soap directly onto wet face and lather it up. Lathers really good. Nice slickness
used Smilez4Milez 24 mm Jerusalem olive wood badger brush. Bowl just to store soap is a Turkish hand hammered copper coffee cup. This razor is very aggressive, definitely a light touch requirement. Makes my R41 seem tame by comparison. Almost bbs in 1 pass wow!
20230830_200541.jpg

31 August 2023
IMG_1452.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 6th use
Brush: Simpsons Tulip T2 Super Badger
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Aftershave

“Artist Club” August comes to a close after :
17 shaves with Atelier Durdan La Faulx (titane sablé)
&
8 shaves with the SS Vector.

Both are great razors that shave me closer and with less irritation than anything else I own. They sometimes make me wonder why I even bother with DEs…

31 August, 2023

Good morning everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Wonderful shave today! Went back to Martin de Candre and their wonderful "Agrumes" shave soap. Nice citrus scent and excellent lather whipped up with the Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" HD ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Gillette Super-109 and I finished with Myrsol "Agua de Limon" after shave splash and Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne" EdP.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Martin de Candre "Agrumes" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" HD ST Badger / Gillette Super Adj. 109
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Myrsol "Agua de Limon" After Shave Splash / Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne" EdP

IMG-3029.jpg

Thu 31
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 Steamship Wedge
A fantastic soap & splash! The lather was rich, creamy, slick, and with the matching splash...numbingly cold!
Super-duper good shave with this excellent heavyweight razor removing a 4-day stubble smoothly & efficiently...
20230831_212738.jpg

You Folks and your pics are AWESOME. Thanks for A Great August.... See you in September!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back