The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwin Jagger DE89 Head
Weber Classic 3 3/4" SS Handle
Trig Silver Edge Blade (2)
Vie-Long Horse 50-50 Mane-Tail Brush, 21/50

Proraso White Shaving Soap

Quinn's Cucumber & Mint Witch Hazel
a6ea48558458d8e1d2c1cf89fddf0455.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Nice Shave, with “la bianca,” as @Lukewellinhome calls it! Love that soap! I've never used those blades, what are they comparable to?

Gillette tech Y1 - 1953 Head
Petal Pusher Fancies Short , Fat 3" Handle
Super-Max Super Stainless Blade (2)
Omega 20102 Boar Brush, 27/65

WSP Formula T, Ol' Kentucky Soap

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel
Pitralon Aftershave
f935f1783ae2178222a3f2033a5c026e.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_1381.png
Tuesday Afternoon Shave 04.04.23
RAZOR: Barbasol Floating Head
BLADE: Perma-Sharp Super
BRUSH: Oumo 03 Venus Kaleidoscope 26mmSHD Badger
LATHER: D.R. Harris Marlborough In a vintage Tawn Art Deco bowl

4 April, 2023

Hello Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Sorry for the late post. Had an impromptu meeting called, all hands on deck which, in the end, had nothing to do with either me or my department. Honestly, it could have been handled with a simple company wide email but, whatcha gonna do?

Great shave this morning. Went with Phoenix Shaving's Doppelganger Gold Label soap and splash set. This is an homage to Creed's Royal Mayfair which is one of my all-time favorite scents. Excellent lather from the CK-6 base built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with the matching splash and a couple of sprays of Creed "Royal Mayfair" EdP (don't need much, it's strong).

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Gold Label" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger / Imperium Shaving - RR Razor
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Gold Label" After Shave Splash/ Creed "Royal Mayfair" EdP

IMG-1894.jpg

Tuesday AM 2023-04-04
Birthdate in 1646 of Antoine Galland, translator who added the tale of Aladdin and the Lamp to 'One Thousand and One Nights'
Xe8rvCs.jpg

Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1)
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH7 Antique Bronze
Personna 74 Tungsten (16)
Mennen Skin Bracer aftershave
0QyAxoI.jpg

DSC_1385 (1).png
Wednesday 04.05.23
RAZOR: Wolfman Guerrilla 2023 SB Bronze
BLADE: Feather
BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 26mm G5C Synthetic FanYellow Handle
LATHER: D.R. Harris Marlborough In a vintage Tawn Art Deco bowl

4 April, 2023

Hello Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Sorry for the late post. Had an impromptu meeting called, all hands on deck which, in the end, had nothing to do with either me or my department. Honestly, it could have been handled with a simple company wide email but, whatcha gonna do?

Great shave this morning. Went with Phoenix Shaving's Doppelganger Gold Label soap and splash set. This is an homage to Creed's Royal Mayfair which is one of my all-time favorite scents. Excellent lather from the CK-6 base built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with the matching splash and a couple of sprays of Creed "Royal Mayfair" EdP (don't need much, it's strong).

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Gold Label" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger / Imperium Shaving - RR Razor
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Gold Label" After Shave Splash/ Creed "Royal Mayfair" EdP

View attachment 108568
I like PAA Doppelganger items. It irks me though they don't have a clue on the label as to what it's a doppelganger of. I don't remember that stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back