The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Apr 4 - Apr 10, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday AM 2022-04-09
The first indoor baseball home run was hit on this date in 1965, Mickey Mantle, Houston Astrodome
vAgFFjw.jpg

Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB/UFO Titan Fine
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (12)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle aftershave

A late, lazy shave this morning with sweet honeysuckle bringing back good memories, while the radio had Mozart's 'Marriage of Figaro' from the Met in New York. Wonderful.
Xz5BTHt.jpg

SOTD: 04/09/2022

1649545243166.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Folding, Walnut)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 2nd use
Brush: TG Shave Co Honey & Cream
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Ethos Grooming Mandarin & Orange Puck
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Essentials Lime, Tangerine, & Spearmint Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Tommy Bahama For Him EdC

I’VE BEEN CHOSEN!!!

I smell like the KING OF SPRING & I used the 3 floral wisemen- Thayer, Taylor, & Pinaud.

Brush: Omega 10098 Boar

Soap: TOBS Lavender

Razor: Gem Junior open comb

Blade: Gem SE (umpteenth shave)

Post Shave: Thayer’s Rose WH

Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

Daughter says I smell like a barber shop and cleaner- wife says I smell like baby powder and old lady, but says if I like it, more power to me- which MEANS it isn’t verboten- she says that about tabac. She says I smell like a 90 year old woman. I’m gonna go ahead and disagree. She says your sister would say you smell like a grandma. So. Yeah. “You smell like my grandma.” Whatever, Lol, grandma smelled like the Hungarian cavalry 😂🤣😂so there’s that. Anyway, I like it, I like the way it feels, the smell is okay in my book and I intend to use this throughout the spring and summer months. Been chosen! It’s more than a scent- it’s a feeling.
096C5104-9909-40F9-BBFE-E3C9DFA40A79.jpeg

I’VE BEEN CHOSEN!!!

I smell like the KING OF SPRING & I used the 3 floral wisemen- Thayer, Taylor, & Pinaud.

Daughter says I smell like a barber shop and cleaner- wife says I smell like baby powder and old lady, but says if I like it, more power to me- which MEANS it isn’t verboten- she says that about tabac. She says I smell like a 90 year old woman. I’m gonna go ahead and disagree. She says your sister would say you smell like a grandma. So. Yeah. “You smell like my grandma.” Whatever, Lol, grandma smelled like the Hungarian cavalry 😂🤣😂so there’s that. Anyway, I like it, I like the way it feels, the smell is okay in my book and I intend to use this throughout the spring and summer months. Been chosen! It’s more than a scent- it’s a feeling.
View attachment 79957
May God have mercy on the noses of those around you.
958C43ED-15AC-4538-8199-05DDE5C5E25C.gif

Sun 10 SOTD
Soap Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Ribbon 1000
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
Superb soap qualities! Very nice scent, cooling sensation, and a creamy slick lather...love this!
A satisfying shave with the razor after stropping on pasted balsa and buffalo leather. 3 smooth comfortable passes for a dfs finish. The matching aftershave was chillingly cold...perfect for today's hot & humid weather!

20220410_141441.jpg

I’VE BEEN CHOSEN!!!

Daughter says I smell like a barber shop and cleaner- wife says I smell like baby powder and old lady, but says if I like it, more power to me- which MEANS it isn’t verboten- she says that about tabac. She says I smell like a 90 year old woman. I’m gonna go ahead and disagree. She says your sister would say you smell like a grandma. So. Yeah. “You smell like my grandma.” Whatever, Lol, grandma smelled like the Hungarian cavalry so there’s that. Anyway, I like it, I like the way it feels, the smell is okay in my book and I intend to use this throughout the spring and summer months. Been chosen! It’s more than a scent- it’s a feeling.
View attachment 79957
I have every scent you used and I like them all.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Merkur HD 34C
BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Maritime Brush Co Cashmere Synth, 26/55

Latha Shaving Soap

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel
Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion

Have a great shave
6ac25cce35f700d2d61736386d8c23c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

SOTD: 04/10/2022

1649602847046.jpeg
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless (Green), 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Goblin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Fern Puck
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave
Additional Care: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT

SOTD: 04/10/2022

View attachment 79986
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless (Green), 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Goblin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Fern Puck
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave
Additional Care: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT
Mmmmmm…. I can smell the green freshness from here! :love:

10 April, 2022

Fantastic shave today! Two passes were all that was needed. Have a great one, Cadre! :)

Spearhead Shaving "Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Envie" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / PAA Platinum Strangelet
Alum / Spearhead Shaving "Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime" Aftershave Toner / Spearhead Shaving "Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime" EdT

IMG-8890.jpg

10 April, 2022

Fantastic shave today! Two passes were all that was needed. Have a great one, Cadre! :)

Spearhead Shaving "Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Envie" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / PAA Platinum Strangelet
Alum / Spearhead Shaving "Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime" Aftershave Toner / Spearhead Shaving "Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime" EdT

View attachment 79994
On top of being a fantastic soap/AS combo - love that brush!

Sunday AM 2022-04-10
National Spy Day
lZ3Vqa1.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4
Wizamet Iridium Super (1)
Dana Canoe aftershave (vintage)

After a nearly sleepless night, I needed the comfort of this excellent 'barbershop' shave. I wasn't worried or ruminating; but my mind was overactive, and I just could not sleep. Along with the soothing powdery shave, listening to Bach's Violin Sonata No. 2 in A minor, arranged and played by guitarist Paul Galbraith, was also helpful.
Ku49cNN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back