The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 2-8 August 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
1628168238326.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis
Lather: Stirling Soap Weekend in Malibu
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Weekend in Malibu Balm
Additional Care:
Stirling Soap Weekend in Malibu Balm
Stirling Soap Weekend in Malibu EdT

5 August, 2021

Good morning all! Today was CBL Soaps day @CBLindsay .. Went with ORION - "Hammam Spa" for today's shave. A wonderful soap, lather and scent. Finished with the matching after shave tonic and a spray of Himalaya which IMO is a great companion scent. Today showed me that I need to use this soap more often.. :unsure:

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / CBL Soaps ORION "Hammam Spa" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Best Badger / PAA SS "META-4
KAI / Alum / CBL Soaps ORION "Hammam Spa" After Shave Tonic / Creed "Himalaya" EdP

IMG-6856.jpg

August 5, 2021
Special shave today. First shave in our first house. Closed on Friday and moved in yesterday afternoon. Most of my gear is still packed away in a secure box (pictured below and what my imagination is telling me @NurseDave PIF Bingo box will look like) but this combo of stuff from my travel kit and things on the top layer of the box still came together for a great shave.
E786D49A-8608-4419-8A7B-3604B414F7EE.jpegBrush: Simpson Major Super
Cream: Geo F Trumper GFT
Lather: Hand lather
Razor: Seygus Zeppelin V.2
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock SharpEdge (Yellows)
DB11A883-E4CD-449A-903C-DD92A98C1B85.jpeg

August 5, 2021
Special shave today. First shave in our first house. Closed on Friday and moved in yesterday afternoon. Most of my gear is still packed away in a secure box (pictured below and what my imagination is telling me @NurseDave PIF Bingo box will look like) but this combo of stuff from my travel kit and things on the top layer of the box still came together for a great shave.
View attachment 57162Brush: Simpson Major Super
Cream: Geo F Trumper GFT
Lather: Hand lather
Razor: Seygus Zeppelin V.2
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock SharpEdge (Yellows)
View attachment 57161
Congrats on the new Home !

6 August, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Continuing on with Artisan-Retailer / Hobbyist Appreciation Week and today I went back to Frank's ( @Dragonsbeard ) wonderful wares. Used "Colonia" earlier in the week and this time I chose "Melange d'Agrumes". Wonderful soap that produces a great lather into which I added a few extra drops of the MdA fragrance. Finished with a splash of the matching skin food and a spray of AdP Blu Mediterraneo "Mandorlo di Sicilia". Very nice scent. Has a "honey-like" note in the dry down that reminds me of Dior "Bois d'Argent". Great end to the work week.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Melange d'Agrumes" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. "Pro Handle" Synth / PAA SS "META-4"
KAI / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Melange d'Agrumes" Skin Food Splash / AdP Blu Mediterraneo "Mandorlo di Sicilia" EdT

IMG-6867.jpg

SOTD
Over a month later but the B-20’s made it from Japan.

Razor: Enders Speed Shaver
using an original blade stacked under a Schick B-20 injector blade
Brush: Rich Man Shaving Red Forge
Soap: Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania
AS: Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania Toner

Just a super shave, the razor hack is amazingly efficient but I will be removing the edge from the old blade next time. I did a clip off attempt on another blade but it just shattered into a mess.
The WK Fougere Mania lather was as expected, awesome.
FEB2E7FC-3F96-463C-A862-EEF2C4938495.jpeg

Friday AM 2021-08-06
National Root Beer Float Day
Y4YiIz3.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge shaving soap
Wilkinson Bonded System (6)
Dopo Barba di Camaldoli

A bit too cool and damp here this morning for a root beer float, more like June than August. My old bones were more achy than usual when I got up, so my relaxing shave was especially appreciated. I add a few drops of Bulgarian Rose Absolute to the lather as a last minute thought, and it livened up the scent nicely. The Wilkinson razor gave me a very close, smooth shave, but it just isn't quite as enjoyable for me as my double edges. And the aftershave was wonderful, one of the most refreshing I have.
i4gztsy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back