The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 11 - 17 January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tue 12th SOTD
Soap Arko πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor RR G37 Slant on Yaqi Handle
Blade American Shave Platinum 1st πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Old Spice Original
Top-quality performance from this soap. Thickly creamy and super slick. The scent is unique for sure. Pleasant for me...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was excellent! Crisply smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly glass-like finish. Atg-pass on chin and lips area was so smooth with this outstanding blade! Rating 10/10!!
20210112_092744.jpg

Tue 12th SOTD
Soap Arko πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor RR G37 Slant on Yaqi Handle
Blade American Shave Platinum 1st πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Old Spice Original
Top-quality performance from this soap. Thickly creamy and super slick. The scent is unique for sure. Pleasant for me...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was excellent! Crisply smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly glass-like finish. Atg-pass on chin and lips area was so smooth with this outstanding blade! Rating 10/10!!
View attachment 44868
How is the H Acid used, and what does it do for the skin?

12 January 2021 AEST

IMG-20210112-082407.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes Kryten Titanium 28mm UHD Badger
Razor: Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Muhle (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Cella Red
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

I made sure to give the new brush a good clean and shampooing to remove the badger funk and with a few more lathers the smell should dissipate. I'm really impressed with the fit, finish, nice weight of the brush handle and the knot has plenty of density which I prefer in my badger knots.
Another enjoyable shave with the Muhle blade and Cella Red provides nice lather with a pleasant scent.
Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Always a good day when you get to test a project successfully and learn some new skills. Today was my first ever straight razor shave. To add on to that, this is also my first razor restoration, and I am quite happy. I certainly took it slow, and worked into the feel and groove of things overall. I will need to keep practicing, as some of the angles on my upper and under chin area gave me a bit of pause. I did a two pass shave, and took the smallest kiss from the razor, during the ATG pass on the tip of my chin, yet it was only a surface scratch without any blood. SAS made me more than happy for this first ever try. I'm sure using the super slickness of Dragons Pub didn't hurt things either.

Razor: K.W. & Co. "Saint Louis" razor
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 22mm badger
Soap: CBL Fusion X Dragons Pub
Splash: Pinaud Whiskey Woods

20210111_182821.jpg

20210112_053854.jpg

12 January, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great evening.

In a hurry again this morning, stayed up to watch the Championship Game.. In case you didn't watch it.. 😁 πŸˆπŸ†

Untitled.jpg

Hope you have a great day!!

Moon Soaps "Sorrento" Shave Soap / Shave Forge & PAA Brush / RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Moon Soaps "Sorrento" Aftershave Balm / Avon "Deep Woods" EdC

SOTD Pic coming later

12 January, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great evening.

In a hurry again this morning, stayed up to watch the Championship Game.. In case you didn't watch it.. 😁 πŸˆπŸ†

View attachment 44909

Hope you have a great day!!

Moon Soaps "Sorrento" Shave Soap / Shave Forge & PAA Brush / RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Moon Soaps "Sorrento" Aftershave Balm / Avon "Deep Woods" EdC

SOTD Pic coming later

So Bama did okay, right? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back