The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 1 - 7 February 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
01 February 2021 AEST
IMG-20210131-222342.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes T-400 Frank Shaving G4 24/52mm
Razor: RR Mamba
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: AP Reserve Coolabah LE
Post: The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion // The Stray Whisker After Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS

There's a reason why I rarely use the Mamba these days as its way too mild. especially for my two day growth but the blade added some efficiency so results wise the shave gets a pass. The G4 continues to surprise in density and performance but I'd prefer a larger size with a bit more splay.
Finally finished this tub of soap and a part of me is sad as AP Reserve is practically unobtainable these days...
Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Mon 1st SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 10th Use!
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Super nice lather from the soap! A unique scent, thickly creamy and slick too!
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade was still good, smooth, and comfortable enough for 3passes without any issues for a DFS to CCF result. Excellent aftershaves. Enjoyable SE session. Rating 9.5/10
20210201_083247.jpg

One-Blade-Challenge: Day 1

After a few weeks of SR shaving, DE seems so very easy ;). The Timeless and a fresh Nacet had nearly zero blade feel. Straight easy cruise control to BBS. Had to enjoy my last day with some CBL Dragons Blood until March (or until the Williams runs out).

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Soap: CBL Master Barber Dragons Blood
Splash: Ivy Club Spice
Scent: Majikah Perfumery Dragon Master

20210131_185059.jpg

1 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend!!

Great shave today! Of course I don't need to tell you peeps how good Frank's wares are. Great soap, great lather, great scent and wonderful post-shave face feel! "10"s all around!

Finished with a spray of Mont Blanc "Explorer". Great start to the work week!

Hope you have a great day!

Grooming Essentials "Ethos - Succès" Shave Soap / Oz Shaving & PAA Synth / RazoRock Game Changer
KAI / Alum / Grooming Essentials "Ethos - Succès" Skin Food Splash / Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT

IMG-5307a.jpg

IMG-20210201-202134.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes Kryten Ti 28mm UHD Manchurian
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Muhle (4)
Soap: Cella Red
Post: The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Imperial Leather A/S Lotion
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Such an enjoyable BBS shave with the Rocca + Muhle blade. Whilst not as long lasting as say a Wizamet or Gillette Yellow, this combination shaved evenly and smoothly with each pass. Lots to like about this brush as the weight, design & finish are exceptional and the knot is soft and a lather machine. I'm a big fan of Cella but have nothing to pair its almond/cherry/marzipan scent with so went with Imperial Leather but maybe its too strong...?

P.S - My name unexpectedly came up for a Wolfman but in the spirit of my Sabbatical I have postponed for a later date. I expect to regret the decision but thankfully I have the Rocca to provide me with many BBS shaves... 🤞

IMG-20210201-202134.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes Kryten Ti 28mm UHD Manchurian
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Muhle (4)
Soap: Cella Red
Post: The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Imperial Leather A/S Lotion
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Such an enjoyable BBS shave with the Rocca + Muhle blade. Whilst not as long lasting as say a Wizamet or Gillette Yellow, this combination shaved evenly and smoothly with each pass. Lots to like about this brush as the weight, design & finish are exceptional and the knot is soft and a lather machine. I'm a big fan of Cella but have nothing to pair its almond/cherry/marzipan scent with so went with Imperial Leather but maybe its too strong...?

P.S - My name unexpectedly came up for a Wolfman but in the spirit of my Sabbatical I have postponed for a later date. I expect to regret the decision but thankfully I have the Rocca to provide me with many BBS shaves... 🤞
Where did you find the Imperial Leather after shave?

Tue 2nd SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Pro 500 Cryo Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Really nice soap but too aerated today due to an overly wet brush. Still, nice scent and slick enough.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very good. So smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues even atg at difficult areas for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Excellent aftershave. Rating 9.7/10
20210202_071048.jpg

20210202_073152.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back