The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Soap Sample Pass Around!!!

Of course!

**Soap Sample Road Show Sign-ups Copy from here down and paste**
1. dangerousdon - Completed
2. maryland998 - en-route
3. Jaro1069
4. Dave in KY
5. Jellodancer
6. elmerPHuD
7. MilkCrate

With the price of shipping having increased I think I am gonna have to bow out of the passaround.. Maybe if its ok I can get back in at a later point when my familys finances are better....

Yeah sorry about having to bow out... I wish I could have stayed in but couldn't.... I am gonna miss not getting to try all the wonderful samples but The thing I am really disappointed to miss is Terror... I have always wanted to try that but will just have to wait and try it some other day......

Yeah sorry about having to bow out... I wish I could have stayed in but couldn't.... I am gonna miss not getting to try all the wonderful samples but The thing I am really disappointed to miss is Terror... I have always wanted to try that but will just have to wait and try it some other day......
Sell your house in Florida.....................priorities man 🤪

So with Jaro and Dave wanting to delay their receipt of the “Box O Goodness”.
I should send it off to Jellodancer then correct?
Fluffy.

**Soap Sample Road Show Sign-ups Copy from here down and paste**
1. dangerousdon - Completed
2. maryland998 - Completed
3. Jellodancer - Awaiting Soaps
4. elmerPHuD
5. Milkcrate
6. Dave in KY
7. Jaro1069

Ok update to you all.
This evening I sorted through all the soap samples. Scooped out a smidge of each I liked and ziploc'd them up.
So 26 out of 120+ made the cut. Fluffy is a tough sell. :)
I plan to send them along to Jellodancer tomorrow. PM'd him for his address.
I have added 3 samples to the box.
1. Murphy and McNeil Tobac Finale
2. Murphy and McNeil Trinity
3. Scheermonnik Delft Dondersclage (Thunderclap)
Hope you guys enjoy them.
Fluffy

Sample review.
The latest sample I tried was Siliski Citrus.
Scent strength medium. I like it a lot.
Slickness very good
Protection, very good
Lather stability good.
Very nice soap. Will be on my list of suggestions for family. For birthday,fathers day etc.
If any of you have 4711 Aftershave they are very similar scent wise. Pair well together.
My $.02
Fluffy

Sample review.
Todays victim is Mystic Waters Irish Traveler
Slickness good
Protection good
Lather stability poor. Could be operator error. Not enough product. Not enough water or too much water. With more use I prolly would find it's sweet spot.
Unfortunately there arose another problem. The scent pre lathering was pleasant to my nose. But in lather form the scent for me changed to one that was less desirable.
This one for me will be a tried it, And not a buy it.
My $.02
Fluffy

Sample review.
Todays victim is Mystic Waters Irish Traveler
Slickness good
Protection good
Lather stability poor. Could be operator error. Not enough product. Not enough water or too much water. With more use I prolly would find it's sweet spot.
Unfortunately there arose another problem. The scent pre lathering was pleasant to my nose. But in lather form the scent for me changed to one that was less desirable.
This one for me will be a tried it, And not a buy it.
My $.02
Fluffy
So...Mystic Water is notorious for performing differently for different people. Different water, water temps, lathering techniques, hydration, brush, etc, etc, etc. I personally have NEVER had and issue lathering a mystic water soap...but I also think I have REALLY good water for lathering. I understand you moving on...but if you get a chance to pick up a tub or a stick on the cheap, do it. Once you dial in this soap...it really is one of the best. FYI, while Mystic Water soap is a little on the soft side...I really think this soap is best in stick form. I get some of my best shaves when I use my MW stick.

By the way...thank you so much for the reviews! I am kind of feeling bad now with just my four. Good stuff!

@dangerousdon I have read many reviews of different soap. And I am aware that one use does not fairly represent the "true" nature of any product.
The performance was good. And with more uses it would very most likely be better for me. Alas though the scent will not change. I will have to check them out in the future. As I do know they have a loyal fan base.
It's also tough because right now I have 22 contestants left. It's like I have a backstage pass to Miss Universe. And each one of the ladies wants me to help them change into their outfits.
A good dilemma to have.

Fluffy

Back