The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

So...what song played on your wedding night?

So I got brave and asked. She wasn't sure for a minute either and then remembered.......then I remembered..... she's right........ don't tell her though
That's a a nice one Dave...I'll grab the 10 gauge...for when the "peanut gallery" shows up....(ps...she knows she's right...you don't have to tell her...and sure as heck none of us!!)

Second song it always blows my mind. That man can create such beautiful sound.
I saw Israel Kamakawiwoʻole, or Bruddah Iz has he was called...when I was in Hawaii. The couple songs that most know him by are good...but his full collection of music is almost like listening to a music god. He was an amazing singer, string player, and song writer. I saw him in 1996 or 1997...I can't remember...but it was close to the time he died. He was in poor health. Most of his health issues stemmed from his obesity. What I am about to say is not meant to belittle him...because I have nothing but respect for the man...but he was often seen needing assistance by means of lifts to get up on stage. The man also practiced what he sang about and was a STRONG advocate for Hawaiian rights and independence. Most people don't know that his most famous song...his rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," was released posthumously. Brother Iz was truly an artist.

I saw Israel Kamakawiwoʻole, or Bruddah Iz has he was called...when I was in Hawaii. The couple songs that most know him by are good...but his full collection of music is almost like listening to a music god. He was an amazing singer, string player, and song writer. I saw him in 1996 or 1997...I can't remember...but it was close to the time he died. He was in poor health. Most of his health issues stemmed from his obesity. What I am about to say is not meant to belittle him...because I have nothing but respect for the man...but he was often seen needing assistance by means of lifts to get up on stage. The man also practiced what he sang about and was a STRONG advocate for Hawaiian rights and independence. Most people don't know that his most famous song...his rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," was released posthumously. Brother Iz was truly an artist.

100% agree! I love listening to his music. Truly amazing

First song man you are old! How did you convince Sharon to go that far back.

Second song it always blows my mind. That man can create such beautiful sound.

Third song... exucuse me while I grab the tissues.
Well it was not Andy Williams who sang it you Goober, it was the Concierge's Husband playing a guitar and singing.... Remember she is older than I am...... OUCH I just got smacked!

Back