The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

So...what song played on your wedding night?

Somnos

In the Arms of Angels
IN MEMORIAM
Veteran
Ok so I am hard as f@&k but I instantly turn to mush if “our song” comes on the radio. So on that special night what song played when you took your special other half out on the dance floor?

We had two...hers? Beyoncé Halo...

Mine...well you have to know I’ve spent a lot of time on the road...

So Cadre what is that special song or two?

We had a long night of many of our favorites and representative of our families, mainly Mob classics, dance/swing, funk, oldies, and Motown.

“Our” dance song was very different though.

Well Three.......
We got married in Hawaii

and

but we went snorkeling the day before and got sunburned so bad that we did not want to get within 10 feet of each other. We figured being from AZ that the puny Hawaiian Sun could not affect us...... We did not factor the Ocean in our equations. Then of course our real wedding song.......... We swear we both heard this wafting through the Hawaiian Valley's on the Big Island....... Just kidding and Posted with Her permission..:p:p:p

We figured being from AZ that the puny Hawaiian Sun could not affect us...... We did not factor the Ocean in our equations.

I was stationed in Hawaii during my stint in the Marine Corps and we had a ton of guys the first time out to the beach say something similar. People don't realize that being closer to the equator makes a huge difference in sun intensity. Almost everyone would get burned to the point that they had to go to Battalion Aid Station for medical treatment. I even witnessed some people receive NJP (Non-Judicial Punishment, or Office Hours, Captain's Mast, Article 15...whatever your branch of service calls it)!

Here is a really good and simple article that explains it: Sun Intensity vs Angle

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Okay...so the wife and I played this for our First Dance. We both really love the song and thought is was pretty appropriate (in a way) for our relationship.

At the time I was torn between that one and another song. But I never really told my wife about it. Recently, we had a conversation and I told here that I also thought about The Cure's "Just Like Heaven." She asked me why I didn't tell her then. I was concerned what others at our wedding would think (it's not a typical wedding song after-all) and didn't believe others would understand. My wife basically told me she wished she knew that because it was also a song that she was considering.

I was stationed in Hawaii during my stint in the Marine Corps and we had a ton of guys the first time out to the beach say something similar. People don't realize that being closer to the equator makes a huge difference in sun intensity. Almost everyone would get burned to the point that they had to go to Battalion Aid Station for medical treatment. I even witnessed some people receive NJP (Non-Judicial Punishment, or Office Hours, Captain's Mast, Article 15...whatever your branch of service calls it)!

Here is a really good and simple article that explains it: Sun Intensity vs Angle

Sorry to hijack the thread.
In our neck of the woods it was classified as a "self-inflicted wound"...

Okay...so the wife and I played this for our First Dance. We both really love the song and thought is was pretty appropriate (in a way) for our relationship.

At the time I was torn between that one and another song. But I never really told my wife about it. Recently, we had a conversation and I told here that I also thought about The Cure's "Just Like Heaven." She asked me why I didn't tell her then. I was concerned what others at our wedding would think (it's not a typical wedding song after-all) and didn't believe others would understand. My wife basically told me she wished she knew that because it was also a song that she was considering.

That is why we had two songs! Well you can play it now...there is no time limit!

Well Three.......
We got married in Hawaii

and

but we went snorkeling the day before and got sunburned so bad that we did not want to get within 10 feet of each other. We figured being from AZ that the puny Hawaiian Sun could not affect us...... We did not factor the Ocean in our equations. Then of course our real wedding song.......... We swear we both heard this wafting through the Hawaiian Valley's on the Big Island....... Just kidding and Posted with Her permission..:p:p:p

First song man you are old! How did you convince Sharon to go that far back.

Second song it always blows my mind. That man can create such beautiful sound.

Third song... exucuse me while I grab the tissues.

Back