The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SMG's Deathly Hallows

The Pumpkin Porter from Four Peaks Brewing is the best pumpkin beer I've ever tasted....and I don't like pumpkin beers. It actually tastes like a piece of pumpkin pie in a glass.
To me pumpkin if for pie, a small sliver to make room to the Coconut Cream, Apple, and Pecan

I'm looking forward to this release! I've always been a Harry Potter Fan, especially of the books, but the movies were okay too. This soap and aftershave sound like they are right in my fall wheelhouse. The scent is a fresh take on a woodsy scent with hints of bay leaf and Orange peel! I've enjoyed Jon's other releases and look forward to this one coming out on 09/20.

View attachment 93398

I'm also thinking about picking up his Pumpkin Spice, but I'm not certain I'd want to smell like that all day, though my wife may love it...

View attachment 93399
How had I NOT heard of Deathly Hallows ???? I am also / or was a Harry Potter fan... That would be something I would try because of its connection to H.P.

@Luecke3262 Also would you or Anyone else have a recommendation for a good Pumpkin Spice soap I like pumpkin pie during the holidays and that might be something I would like also....

I'm looking forward to this release! I've always been a Harry Potter Fan, especially of the books, but the movies were okay too. This soap and aftershave sound like they are right in my fall wheelhouse. The scent is a fresh take on a woodsy scent with hints of bay leaf and Orange peel! I've enjoyed Jon's other releases and look forward to this one coming out on 09/20.

View attachment 93398

I'm also thinking about picking up his Pumpkin Spice, but I'm not certain I'd want to smell like that all day, though my wife may love it...

View attachment 93399
Woods, bay leaf and orange peel? I can dig it!! :cool:

@Luecke3262 Also would you or Anyone else have a recommendation for a good Pumpkin Spice soap I like pumpkin pie during the holidays and that might be something I would like also....
I don't know if any one is better than the others, I suspect we all end up using one of the same pre-mixed pumpkin spice like scents, so I would look to the artisan's whose soaps you know you like and get one from them (I think Stirling may have one, if not WSP had one at one time).
A word of caution though, the whole pumpkin spice blend tends to contain a lot of vanillin and often cinnamon and maybe even clove...all three have the potential to irritate your skin.

I don't know if any one is better than the others, I suspect we all end up using one of the same pre-mixed pumpkin spice like scents, so I would look to the artisan's whose soaps you know you like and get one from them (I think Stirling may have one, if not WSP had one at one time).
A word of caution though, the whole pumpkin spice blend tends to contain a lot of vanillin and often cinnamon and maybe even clove...all three have the potential to irritate your skin.
I think you and I might have discussed the whole cinnamon thing before when my face got "lit up " by a soap once before. If I remember correctly you said for me to look for one using all spice in place of Cinnamon....

Ahhh good 'ol SMG. Thought they went out of business a while back so good to see them getting some shine in the spotlight. They have a decent soap base and the Themed soaps are always cool. Look forward to more thoughts on this artisan and these scents. Enjoy!

Back