The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Show us your Paladins

You’re happy with it?
Being honest, I use natural hair brushes almost never. I’m a synth guy. That said, out of the 3 natural hair brushes I own (this one, an SV badger, and a more generic badger) yes, it’s my favorite.

It’s that talk to text.. I was trying to saying after you use it the first time..my new samurai will be here Saturday

I never used a two band badger brush before. Will it soften,or loosen up with use? I love the brush, as soon as I took it Out of the box I could tell it was top quality, but It has a springy, stiff feel to it.

I never used a two band badger brush before. Will it soften,or loosen up with use? I love the brush, as soon as I took it Out of the box I could tell it was top quality, but It has a springy, stiff feel to it.
Yes, with use, it should soften up some and be not quite as stiff.

Not sure your shave history with natural hair brushes, but don’t forget to soak the tips a bit in water prior to use/lathering.

This paladin is just too dense and stiff for me.. I tried building a lather and leaving it on overnight, and washing it but it’s just not for me.
Sorry the brush isn’t what you wanted right off the bat. I would really encourage you to use it for 2-3 weeks of daily use before you write it off, the brushes really do open up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry too. The density is the whole reason I decided to go for a Paladin, and for me it was love at first lather. I can't say I've noticed that my brushes are less dense over time but they did find their shape.

For what it's worth I use a more painting style and never splay the brush other than when cleaning it, so the density is perfect for my style.

But looking at yours, like Eric said, it will open up, and that helps a lot IMHO. Compare yours to the others in this thread to see what we mean by opening up. The the top will spread and become soft with great pass through, all while being well supported by that firm base.

Ok I’ll stick with it for another few weeks
Right on, hope it works out for you. But at the end of the day we all have our own preferences, so if it's not for you, it's not for you. We can all still be friends.

Back