The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Show us your Favorite Soap Artwork!

Also, Electric Sheep!
I actually hate that label. It is very similar in theme and looks to me similar to labels made by another artisan (that I do not like). I can’t look at that label and not think of the other artisan first. And it’s so different from any other Stirling label, I just don’t get it.

Dude! How do you like Electric Sheep? I have put this in my cart and taken it out I don't know how many times!
I don't actually have it, and wouldn't have posted such if not for the glaring call for some Stirling love by Dave.
I actually hate that label. It is very similar in theme and looks to me similar to labels made by another artisan (that I do not like). I can’t look at that label and not think of the other artisan first. And it’s so different from any other Stirling label, I just don’t get it.
Hmm. I'm going to have to think about that. No name is coming to mind. This is due to the general design, or specifically the super-powered live-stock?

Yes, it is a grand departure from their typical label. It's also got a bit different from their 'specially' ones (Mountain Man, Barbershop, Ben Franklin...). Was this their first attempt, before they settled on a layout? I am not that familiar with their line to know what came first.

Just in general. The graphic design has a cheap feel to me, just like every label from the other one (VY).
Gotcha. I know who you are talking about now.

Yep, I have tried 2 of their soaps and I wasn't impressed. The soap didn't do it for me, and the containers and labels also were very cheaply made, imo.

I may have to try a sample of this one just to report back to @dangerousdon who seemed a bit excited. Of course, now I won't be able to look at that label without thinking like you do.

I may have to try a sample of this one just to report back to @dangerousdon who seemed a bit excited.
@dangerousdon @mrdoug
I received a sample of this..... It's insanely strong. More citronella than I have ever smelled at one time. And it smells a whole heck of a lot like Pledge Furniture polish. I don't think this sample is going to touch any of my brushes.

@dangerousdon @mrdoug
I received a sample of this..... It's insanely strong. More citronella than I have ever smelled at one time. And it smells a whole heck of a lot like Pledge Furniture polish. I don't think this sample is going to touch any of my brushes.
Yikes. I don't blame you. Good thing it was a sample size.

I will definitely be passing on that.

Back