The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shoe or Boot of the Day

I picked up this pair of A&E loafers "used" from eBay. I assume they were sold because of the dog toy that is hidden somewhere in the left shoe.

IMG_0408.jpeg
I wouldn't wear them to a client meeting, but they're fine for around the house and town (outside, where the street noise will help).

Some ropers today.
0bb7a1ce5a42b96e56ab173b864d9f31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I picked up this pair of A&E loafers "used" from eBay. I assume they were sold because of the dog toy that is hidden somewhere in the left shoe.

View attachment 10456
I wouldn't wear them to a client meeting, but they're fine for around the house and town (outside, where the street noise will help).
Not going to class em up with a couple of pennies?

I'm wearing the eBay squeaky toy penny loafers today, except they've been muted. I hit the welt stitching with some Neatsfoot oil, let them sit for a couple of days, and now they're all-but silent. Not a bad Allen Edmonds pick up for about $40, especially now that they can be quietly worn in public.

AE Daltons today.
83bba3be2027ac420f484f137f317b12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You know, I've never worn a dress boot. And really the only boot I've ever worn is a soft sided hiking boot. But I keep thinking these look pretty swank.

Follow-up: Dude, I just saw how much they cost!

Follow-up: Dude, I just saw how much they cost!
These are often available at shoebank.com as seconds, or on eBay, but yeah, new, they're pricey. Much less, though, than the Aldens in post #29. Just ignore me, if I get too obnoxious.

These are often available at shoebank.com as seconds, or on eBay, but yeah, new, they're pricey. Much less, though, than the Aldens in post #29. Just ignore me, if I get too obnoxious.
Well that's an interesting site. Find what you like and call the store.

Back