The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shaves of the Day 07.23.2018 - 07.29.2018

Thank you for your kind words, Dave. However, all of my translucent brushes are modern ones as I commissioned a few artisans to turn the handles for me so that I could set the knots into them. I don't have any 'vintage' brush handles. I have only ever had one vintage brush handle and that was a Rubberset #4, but I sold it as it just didn't photograph very well.
If you want a translucent handle, you could always contact Doug Korn (in September because that is when he is taking orders again) to turn you one in a similar resin as mine. I believe he has quite a few resin blanks, similar to mine.
Good luck.
1f642.png
My bad, I just assumed and should have known better. Thanks I may look him up!!

Not to worry, Dave and I would highly recommend Doug Korn as he does great work and he has turned quite a few handles for me.

Thank you for your kind words, Dave. However, all of my translucent brushes are modern ones as I commissioned a few artisans to turn the handles for me so that I could set the knots into them. I don't have any 'vintage' brush handles. I have only ever had one vintage brush handle and that was a Rubberset #4, but I sold it as it just didn't photograph very well.
If you want a translucent handle, you could always contact Doug Korn (in September because that is when he is taking orders again) to turn you one in a similar resin as mine. I believe he has quite a few resin blanks, similar to mine.
Good luck.
1f642.png

Just checked out Doug's page...he really does some nice work!

Back