The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shaves of the Day 07.23.2018 - 07.29.2018

Told the Mrs. I was going to post so you guys could have a go at teasing her about her SOTD last night.

She used my best soap,

Applied with my best brush,

Then shaved with this...............

OH! It's like eating a 30 day dry aged Rib Eye Steak and asking for the ketchup!

07-27-2018
Mid-week check in had to get a shot of this, so Happy i was able ( thanks to Jim @wildwest74) a full set of Tangerine Creeper. Will use the rest of the week and review in journal Sunday

Was your comment intended for me, Dave? I wasn't sure as it was right after one of my photos. It isn't a problem if it wasn't.
1f642.png
Yes, you have quite a collection of NICE vintage brushes redone !! At least I assume they are reknotted Vintage Brushes. Wish I could find some with the Translucent handles like those to redo. Congrats !!

Yes, you have quite a collection of NICE vintage brushes redone !! At least I assume they are reknotted Vintage Brushes. Wish I could find some with the Translucent handles like those to redo. Congrats !!

Thank you for your kind words, Dave. However, all of my translucent brushes are modern ones as I commissioned a few artisans to turn the handles for me so that I could set the knots into them. I don't have any 'vintage' brush handles. I have only ever had one vintage brush handle and that was a Rubberset #4, but I sold it as it just didn't photograph very well.
If you want a translucent handle, you could always contact Doug Korn (in September because that is when he is taking orders again) to turn you one in a similar resin as mine. I believe he has quite a few resin blanks, similar to mine.
Good luck. ?

Back