The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shave of the Day: June 4 - 10, 2018

SOTD - Monday, 4 June, 2018

Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedar, Juniper | Gillette Aristocrat ('48-51) | Astra SP (1)

Wildwest Brushworks 24mm BOSS | Penhaligon's Juniper Sling

You guys take some awesome pics! I'm still struggling to make a box!

Thanks once again Celestino for opening the new weekly thread... again... Things should calm down a bit soon. Who thought retirement would be so busy, LOL But it is like is used to be on the SOTD, LOL

Graph paper makes it easier.
1f61d.png
1f61d.png
1f61d.png

Wow...look who is cracking jokes now! Hardy, Har, Har!
1f61b.png

You don't need a box. Just take your camera and gear outside and let the natural light assist you.
1f642.png

I know...you take such awesome pics!

SOTD - Wednesday, 6 June, 2018

Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus | Eiko 6/8" near wedge

Wolf Whiskers 25mm Blackwolf | B&M LGC A/S | Davidoff Hot Water

I’ve been down and out for about 4 weeks now after I was bitten under the arm by a Brown Recluse spider at work.... My skin was sensitive all over, especially on my face, so I didn’t shave for almost a month. Thankfully the spot under my arm and the resulting infection are well on the mend. I’m happy to say, I’m back to using straights!
I was treated very gingerly by my Genco Easy Aces and experienced a luxurious evening shave with my new T-400 shaving brush by Steve Tinter.
After an afternoon of weed eating and pulling weeds in our garden, a nice Prorasso cool down was much appreciated!

Dave, you gotta stop posting the Lavender Creeper, you’re killing me...... I missed out this last time and I’ll be regretting it for a long time to come.... nice shave sir!

Thanks Matt, and your picture above look pretty inviting as well

Back