The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shave Golf....Come Play

I surprised myself with a -2 this morning. Was really out of it so i just grabbed the injector for an auto pilot shave and it seems that thing has one helluva guidance system!

Looks like i'm at -7 so far this week. Not sure if i'll get another shave in or not. guess it will depend how things look saturday morning because tomorrow i'm off but the kids have a swim lesson first thing in the morning so i am unlikely to get a shave in tomorrow at all.

I had a -1 this morning but had to work for it a little in the usual problem areas. That puts me at -6 for the week. Looks like Kyle is in the lead. I'm not sure I'll get a shave in tomorrow because I have to teach that class and I do love a super great shave for Sunday mornings.

Wow I'm way late to the game, but this is a pretty neat idea....even though I know nothing about golf haha!

Feel free to join in starting on Sunday. The loose rules are in this thread. As soon as I get through the other side of moving my cabin I'll see about organizing a tournament to make it more fun.

Finished out my "round" this week with a DFS on Saturday which is par. I'll be honest, I had a class to teach Saturday and only wanted to do a quick one pass SAS shave but I knew I needed a "par" to keep my score decent so I went for 2 passes. :LOL: Finished out with a -6.

Starting out my week strong. Sunday was an eagle -2 and this morning was a birdie -1. -3 to start the week. I wasn't sure I could pull off an eagle yesterday because I did shave on Saturday but I went for it carefully and got there. This morning I normally would have went for a DFS, but I knew I could do better. In fact I was very close to another eagle but knew that would come with a price.

I think this game has two potentials: #1 it can cause you to get more irritation because you are pushing your shaves to get a better score. #2 It can make you up your game and go for a better shave than you normally would. I think it's easy to just grab your par and set out for the day, but if you can achieve better without causing damage shouldn't you?

I would say with the Vector it would be like Jack Nickolas playing a 3 par course. I've had three birdies in a row and expect the whole week will be like that.

Late start this week but a -1 tonight removing 8 days of growth with a SR.

Sorry I've been slacking in the Shave Golf area. I've been scoring well, just not really keeping track. I suppose if there is interest the thread will stay alive and if not it will slide back off the page.

I too have been scoring well( averaging at least -1 per shave)

I think there is a bit of interest, we just need to probably get something with a bit more structure going.

I like the idea of having it sanctioned by the owners of TSC. It's probably just a busy time with everyone slamming in vacations before school starts up. I know with my cabin move I'm not really on at night much.

Back