The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shave Golf....Come Play

Blade-meister

First Responder
Hobbyist
On my shaving journal I've been calling DFS's pars for shaving for a while now so why not make a game out of it. I haven't golfed in years, but it's sort of a way of keeping track of a shaving score.

All this talk of par's for shaving got me to thinking.....which is dangerous I know......so I'm thinking about a Shaving Golf Scorecard rating of shaves. Eagle = DBBS shave, Birdie = BBS/BBS+ shave, Par = DFS/DFS+, Boegy = SAS, Double/Triple Boegy is subjective to the shaver but should include bad cuts, irritation, and so on. If you had a bad shave you can just add on how many strokes you feel fits the shave.

So this week my Shave Golf score rates likes this:

Sunday: Eagle -2 Monday: Birdie -1 Tuesday: Boegy +1 Wednesday: Par 0 Thursday: Par 0

So far, still 2 under par for the week thanks to my fantastic shave on Sunday. Feel free to play Shave Golf and post your golf scores or even just post about a really great score or a really bad week Shave Golfing. Let's just have fun with it! :D

I like it. So what do you do for no shave days?

Mulligan? :LOL: In all seriousness, I think the question is if that should count against you or not. I'd have eagles every other day if I only shaved every other day. I can see tournaments being organized for a little fun and maybe even a PIF where each day the scores are posted. Of course everything is on the honor system, but we do have a bunch of basically honest people here at TSC when it comes to stuff like this. This gives a new meaning to the golf term "slice" though :LOL:

Maybe since Chris is the keeper of the Man Cards that he can also issue the equivalent of the tour PGA Cards :p

Birdie (BBS)this morning, so that rounds my week out at 3 under par.

I did some thinking on the days that you chose not to shave.......I think if you skip shaving because you just decide not to shave that there should be no penalty for that. If you skip shaving because of a bad shave or a cut or something you did then you should receive a stroke penalty for skipping that day and any day thereafter that is because of the problem. Saturdays I don't shave because I get up and go to work outside or other work around the house so it's not shave related and I don't feel I or anyone else should be penalized. Obviously the more days you shave the better chance you get to have a lower score.

Who's playing next week? Your round starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday so post your scores or just stop by and make fun of those of us who do play :p I'll crown a leader at the end of each week.

Maybe we can organize a tournament like you said. It could be a month long and you have to get so many shaves in to qualify. A month to get 18 shaves in (18 holes) or thereabouts! I think a lot of us would be in. And honestly...if we get management on board...someone could win a badge that said something like "Shave Golf Champion!" I think this is a great idea!

Great ideas Don! I like it. Maybe we could organize a tournament for August since this month is half over. Winning the badge would be a great incentive to play and would a nice little something in the end.

I'm thinking perhaps that we should have a week of qualifying, set a score the "the cut" and take those that make the cut to the tournament in August. Perhaps the few weeks of July you need to shave 9 consecutive times and post your qualifying score. When I mean consecutive it just means you can't pick your best shaves and post them but you may skip days in between. I'm thinking -1 should be the cut. What are everyone's thoughts?

So far, this week's score card for me is:

Sunday: Birdie -1 Monday: Birdie -1

Since I came late to the party I am -2 today. Best shave I've had in a while.

A good start TJ

Great ideas Don! I like it. Maybe we could organize a tournament for August since this month is half over. Winning the badge would be a great incentive to play and would a nice little something in the end.

I'm thinking perhaps that we should have a week of qualifying, set a score the "the cut" and take those that make the cut to the tournament in August. Perhaps the few weeks of July you need to shave 9 consecutive times and post your qualifying score. When I mean consecutive it just means you can't pick your best shaves and post them but you may skip days in between. I'm thinking -1 should be the cut. What are everyone's thoughts?

So far, this week's score card for me is:

Sunday: Birdie -1 Monday: Birdie -1

A good start TJ

I am liking where this is going! My shave this morning would definitely be a birdie! I think we need to get one or all of the three amigos to weigh in on this! I mean we could always do it no mater what...but if there was a badge involved...management would definitely have to approve. What say ye wise Amigos! @Cvargo @CBLindsay @HandleBarberDave

I am liking where this is going! My shave this morning would definitely be a birdie! I think we need to get one or all of the three amigos to weigh in on this! I mean we could always do it no mater what...but if there was a badge involved...management would definitely have to approve. What say ye wise Amigos! @Cvargo @CBLindsay @HandleBarberDave

I agree 100% I'd even be fine with management coming up with their own set of rules if they want to. It may be better if organized by management and specific themed tournaments could be incorporated throughout the year.

-2 for me today

Nicely done!

-1 this morning for me. BBS- / BBS. I was going for a par and got lucky. I had just a little bit of Irish Traveler left and it turned out to be not enough soap for a proper 3 pass shave with clean-up. The clean-up was skipped which robbed me of a solid BBS.

Back