The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Seaforth reboot

I'll be honest I saw a wet-shaver repost this announcement on Instagram and immediately followed Spearhead and added my email to their newsletter. I'm a total sucker for throwback shaving software.

Wonder if they just bought the trademark? Didn't see any details on how they're doing it. Excited none-the-less!

I’m curious about the details myself. The only thing I know is that the scents are being done by Chatillon Lux.

Didn't I see that he was doing something exclusive with DG now? Or maybe that was just his own line and Spearhead is simply contracting him to formulate the fragrances?

I'm intrigued. I've seen a few users post their SOTD on reddit with Spearhead. I might just pick up a tub to see what the fuss is about. At ~$13 it's not too heavy on the wallet.

Edit: pertaining to the OP, I've seen the Seaforth label around, but haven't gone down the rabbit hole just yet. I have homework.

Looks like two varieties, Spiced and Heather along with matching toners. I'm happy they're offering the matching toners with WH and aloe. Haven't purchased a new artisan soap since 2015 (except CBL last month) but I'm such a sucker for old school brands so this is going on the try list.

I saw where Phoenix Shaving will also be bringing out a Seaforth Spice tribute.

I won't lie, I dig the packaging.

5e5df8f56694735056f691c4e0c8ee55.jpg

I just wish for the first re-release they would have tried to use containers more like the original ones and then at some later point they could have modernized the containers...

I will admit I've never seen the vintage refill puck packaging - only the old school mugs. I can understand him not doing the route that PC took with Nuavia originally as ceramic has to be not only expensive to procure but also hard to ship.

That said, if he offered a revised shave mug in addition to the normal modern tubs, I would probably buy it...

I just wish for the first re-release they would have tried to use containers more like the original ones and then at some later point they could have modernized the containers...

Agreed, but I’m sure that would be very expensive by comparison. Though but jobs like me would buy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I am thoroughly intrigued but this. Hopefully we get Top of the Chain up here to carry it.

@Somnos looks like Top of the Chain is indeed going to carry it!

Saw some posts on Instagram and they indicated the post shave "toner" is more of a balm and is alcohol free. Comes in a milk glass bottle too which I think is super cool. Priced at $21.99 for the soap and $13.99 for the toner. A little higher than I'd had hoped on the soap but not enough to deter a purchase for me I don't think.

Is it out yet???? What's the status?

What's the opinion of the company making it? Good soaps? Never tried Spearhead.

Back