The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rich Tries to post a video.

I appreciate the tag @Majorrich - unfortunately I already completed my scared / unfamiliar shave, which was also with a Gem. You cut yourself under the chin because you closed the curtains on the safety cat.

No doubt! I could still feel the heat rolling down the back of my legs.
How’s about a random name @bosch
Glad I’m early in the cadre challenges. Gets more difficult as the challenge proceeds.

How’s about a random name @bosch

So, here's the background to the avatar. Bosch is a tv series based on a character in the Michael Connelly detective series of books. The detective in the "Bosch" books is named Harry Bosch who's named after the Dutch painter Hieronymus Bosch. I'm smitten by the books (21 Bosch books), the tv series, and the character. He's an LA detective. The owl avatar is in one of the painter's works. :)

Last edited:
My Barber was going to retire, but said he will go one more year. He commented on my rudimentary maintenance cut.

I'm loving this accident, Rich. There's something zen about watching while only hearing music. But yeah, it's also weird not hearing your commentary.

Back