The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rich Tries to post a video.

Great Vid Rich. Have almost pulled the trigger on a Kami a few times. Does safety cat put any extra precautions in place for using a kamisori?
Fluffy

If you like sushi, @Maryland998 , then a kamisori will be right up your alley!

The main thing to watch for is a wicked sharp point which can lead to unexpected "fish gilling."
What is fish gilling? Trust me, you'll know when you do it. 🤪

Geez, Rich. Manhole covers aren't supposed to float like that ... or like anything at all! Hoping that your new sunken swimming pool is a temp feature without any lasting damage.

Well Rich thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the basement. Japanese razors are near and dear to my heart. Love em.
And just for future reference. Some of the terminology you used in your video. Describing the calamity was a little off. In DPW speak. "Sanitary Sewer" is the waste water from your drains and toilets. "Storm Drains" are what collects the rain and ground water. And takes it away to the nearest creek, river etc. So "Storm Sewer" is a combination of the two separate systems. It would confuse dummies like me. Hope I don't come off as a douche pointing that out. It's like when someone calls a rifle a gun. Or a grenade a bomb. Some part of me feels the need to say something.
A form of Tourette's maybe.
Good to see you be able to laugh about it.
Taka care, Fluffy

Well Rich thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the basement. Japanese razors are near and dear to my heart. Love em.
And just for future reference. Some of the terminology you used in your video. Describing the calamity was a little off. In DPW speak. "Sanitary Sewer" is the waste water from your drains and toilets. "Storm Drains" are what collects the rain and ground water. And takes it away to the nearest creek, river etc. So "Storm Sewer" is a combination of the two separate systems. It would confuse dummies like me. Hope I don't come off as a douche pointing that out. It's like when someone calls a rifle a gun. Or a grenade a bomb. Some part of me feels the need to say something.
A form of Tourette's maybe.
Good to see you be able to laugh about it.
Taka care, Fluffy
My education continues! I just got the hot water heater lit! It belched, farted and blew out the pilot light a couple times. But then there was flame! I think it will dry the rest of the way. Our sump used to be connected to the sanitary sewer until the engineer routed the pumps out to the street with their own pipe. Actually I’m thinking it may have been undersized. it was full up all the way to the end! Apparently we‘re not supposed to route them that way.
How heavy do you reckon that manhole cover is? There were actually two dancing like that, but the other one was too far for me to wobble to. 😂

Guessing around 130-150. I can get em up out of the frame. To get down in the box/pipe. But couldn't pick it all the way up to a truck tailgate without another person. We have two types we use. The manhole lids in the road are the heavy duty thick ones. As they have to withstand vehicles traffic. The ones that are in the concrete drain box lids are thinner/lighter. About 60lbs.
The cast iron road grates we use in our Storm drain boxes are 330lbs. So those are a two person affair.

I was amazed with the dancing manhole cover! The water is drained and supposedly the men with the ultra giant dehumidifiers should be here tomorrow. The claims adjuster is really being helpful. She said this is because we’ve been customers for 33 years. its just the purging to the dumpster I’m dreading. So much mom and dad stuff! And thousands of photos!

Great to see you, Rich (and with the Hi-Vis outfit, it's hard not to! 🤪). I have to say that I love your composure when it comes to dealing with the basement mess; truly an example of remaining calm (although I expect there are a few colourful off-camera phrases you have used over the past few days) and simply addressing the situation at hand.

Back