The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Today’s Shave

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Tech - fat handle
Blade: Israeli Red
Brush: Simpson Berkeley
Soap: DR Harris Windsor

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Dickenson Witch Hazel
AS: DR Harris Windsor

The Deets-
Greetings friends and neighbors, this week I am rocking Windsor … ah good stuff. And I am rocking a DE this week as well. The blade choice was just a random and it’s working nicely. I don’t have a British Tech, but may have to see if I still have an SR from that area to complete the theme.

Loaded the soap heavy this morning. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Wrapped everything up with a healthy splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain. And there was much rejoicing with the BBS greatness. Life is good!

Home Front-
So, work is work and getting more … hm … complicated. I have a ton of personal development crap to work on. Some day I will figure out what I want to be when I grow up. But there is still fun stuff abound. After the last eclipse, I scored a solar filer for my telescope. We should be set for the eclipse next year. Will break it out on some nice weekends to check out the Sun before then.

Had a fishing tourney last weekend. It was “Fishing for a Cure” cancer charity. Got to fish against an FLY and Bass Master. Also against the Texas High School Bass Assoc, those kids got in the money and I was so stoked for them. That was the first time we have ever zeroed, so we just donated to the cause. But it’s all good. That’s all I have for today.

IMG_9481.jpeg

Back