The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

PASS AROUND of a Brass Colonial General any interest ??

Dave in KY

Shave Newbie
Time to start a list of those interested in trying Joshs' Brass General. I'm copying and pasting Gus' pass around with tweaks to fit this one as he was thorough and successful in several of these. (Thanks Gus) and Especially thanks to Josh to share these for people to try !!!

The razor will arrive clean and sanitized. I'm requesting when your time is done with the razor, to clean, sanitize and repackage carefully as you received it and ship it to the next participant. Makes it easier and more enjoyable for all.

I anticipate in starting this pass-around within a week or so, so to those who have never tried and would be interested in taking the Brass General Razor for a test shave run, please read on..

General Requirements for Participation

Active TSC members in "good standing" are welcome to send me a PM regarding participating in the tour pass-around. I would suggest active and good standing infers you have been around B&B for at least a few months (3 months and at least 50-75 posts) and are participating in the community. If you are active on other shaving forums and are new to TSC, I will take that into consideration. And if you do not qualify today but have interest, you may become eligible as the tour unfolds..... so please feel free to send me a PM and I can add you to the "reserve" list.

Following are the rules which are simply intended to keep the tour fair, fun, and safe.

[list type=decimal][*] Please limit your time with the gear to 3-5 days. This should be enough time for some quality shaves and impressions. There will be exceptions, and if you know ahead of time your schedule will be limited (e.g., vacation, job constraints, travel) please let me know so we can adjust the order and keep the momentum going.[/list type=decimal]
[list type=decimal][*] The package will contain a Colonial Brass General razor and Josh included some Pro Guard blades to get it started. You're more than welcome to use your own of course. I'm not sure how many blades are in the holder but should allow a few to try the razor. Most here have the AC style blades for there own use and by using those it will leave these for those that may not have any on hand because they don't use AC blades. If we run out the person using the last 1 can pm me and I will send some to the next participant.[/list type=decimal]
[list type=decimal][*] I am shipping the razor clean and sterilized. Please do the same before handing it off to the next member. Simple Green, soapy hot water, Barbecide and Scrubby Bubbles are fine. No harsh chemicals that contain ammonia or bleach.[/list type=decimal]
[list type=decimal][*] Carefully wrap and ship the package as your means allow (e.g., USPS, UPS, FedEx). It will be shipping in a small Priority Mail flat rate box. If Priority Mail is a hardship, please switch to a clean, generic box and pack securely. Josh has requested that insurance be added to the shipping so that it has a total of $150. Total costs for Priority Mail & insurance should be considered as the "cost of admission" for the tour.[/list type=decimal]
[list type=decimal][*] Communicate. Please post in this thread when you receive the razor and when it ships. Upon receipt, please contact the next person on the list in order to have their shipping information on-hand when your time with the razor is over. Please PM me as needed or if you have any questions. It is never fun to track you down if you are in possession of the razor and have gone off the grid.[/list type=decimal]
[list type=decimal][*]Post Reviews! Please share your impressions, good or bad, with your fellow TSC members. I am in no way affiliated with the vendor and am simply sharing so that members can try the razor and share their experience.[/list type=decimal]
[list type=decimal][*]Last person with razor mails it back to Josh which is an overseas APO. If that is a hardship financially I can help you if you let me know. [*]Have FUN[/list type=decimal]

Colonial Brass General US Tour List:

1. @Dave in KY

A pm or a post here will get you on gents...

1. @Dave in KY
2. DocHoliday0831.

Friday November 2, 2018

Razor: Brass Colonial General

Blade: AC Pro Guard (1)

Brush: Sorrentino Cadre Member brush w/Cashmere

Soap: Club CBL from CBL Soaps

Aftershave 1: Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla

Aftershave 2: Pinaud Clubman

Okay so got a late morning shave after and early start and finish for work. Had to get back for someone doing a structural assessment on the homestead before they do some blasting nearby. I'm here and he rescheduled.............

My first shave with the Brass General. Seems I remember Josh saying that if you use pressure this baby will bite you so I was extra cautious. As the shave progressed though I got more confident and we all know what that leads to..............................a GREAT shave !! I was sure not to overdo any pressure but zero in on the angle and I have to say it was really enjoyable. This thing is not only a sexy razor but performs to boot. I will use a couple more times at least but am glad they aren't for sale as I may just be looking for 1. the one thing that needs getting used to is how big the head is lengthwise. My guess without measuring is 3/8 an inch longer than the Timeless obviously to accommodate the AC style blade. Get signed up if you want to give this thing a try.

The CBL soap is a dead ringer for the Clubman aftershave and performance was top notch as all his soap is.What a wonderful shave. Life is good.........................would've been better if the guy showed up but I'll power thru. Have a great day Cadre !!!

Definitely interest in having this ultimate AC SE experience, may need to wait until the new year though.

Definitely interest in having this ultimate AC SE experience, may need to wait until the new year though.
Why wait. I doubt it will take that long to run thru all the entrants beating down the door ?

1. Dave in KY (In hand testing)
2. DocHoliday0831. (on deck)

Jump on this guys. This razor quite possibly won't be produced, at least for the foreseeable future. An awesome razor that is super smooth yet deceptively efficient. Really an excellent razor that tames the Feather Pro Super nicely.

Alright I am going to play because I do own a General. But have always been curious if I would like a heavier one.

3. cvargo

I hope to be shaving by the time this gets to me. Otherwise I may ask to be bumped down a bit.

3. cvargo
4. Spider

We'll work with you neck shavers
1f44d.png

1f61c.png
1f44d.png

Yup...Dave Shamed me into getting on this list too...

3. cvargo
4. Spider
5. dangerousdon

Now we're talking but still need more on here. It alsi can continue to grow during the pass around as long as you get signed up before last person sends it back to Josh.

Monday November 5, 2018
Blade: AC Pro Guard (4)
Brush: Rubberset 400 reset with a Maggard Synthetic Knot
Soap: Jeeves of Hudson Street Abyss
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Avon Island Lime

So I have soooo many samples from Chris and Josh to go thru it is a little stressful as I want to give feedback. When will I get to my tubs of soap some of which I haven't used once yet. Anyway I still had some of the Abyss sample in the Turkish Hammered bowl even after doing a back of the neck shave last night. Decided to lather it like a madman this morning to use it up and yes I want a tub of this and the AS to match. Started a written list of soaps to buy (I know, I am a sick man) Awesome lather and shave with the General. The Wider head on the razor makes getting all the nooks and crannies hard to get to for my face. I can but it requires a little more effort and attention doing clean up. I have enjoyed trying this razor out and greatly appreciate Josh's (Dagwoodz) generosity. The razor has been disassembled, cleaned and a quick alcohol bath to sanitized. Will try t get it in the mail today to TJ who is next in the list. Still not too late to get a chance to try a razor that many haven't and may never be able to if they don't produce it again. They have talked about it but 1st they are designing a DE razor to produce and sell. Obviously it will be awhile if they ever do another version of the general. Included a lather pic with the SOTD pic. Hope all in the Cadre have a great day !!

Monday November 5, 2018
Blade: AC Pro Guard (4)
Brush: Rubberset 400 reset with a Maggard Synthetic Knot
Soap: Jeeves of Hudson Street Abyss
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Avon Island Lime

So I have soooo many samples from Chris and Josh to go thru it is a little stressful as I want to give feedback. When will I get to my tubs of soap some of which I haven't used once yet. Anyway I still had some of the Abyss sample in the Turkish Hammered bowl even after doing a back of the neck shave last night. Decided to lather it like a madman this morning to use it up and yes I want a tub of this and the AS to match. Started a written list of soaps to buy (I know, I am a sick man) Awesome lather and shave with the General. The Wider head on the razor makes getting all the nooks and crannies hard to get to for my face. I can but it requires a little more effort and attention doing clean up. I have enjoyed trying this razor out and greatly appreciate Josh's (Dagwoodz) generosity. The razor has been disassembled, cleaned and a quick alcohol bath to sanitized. Will try t get it in the mail today to TJ who is next in the list. Still not too late to get a chance to try a razor that many haven't and may never be able to if they don't produce it again. They have talked about it but 1st they are designing a DE razor to produce and sell. Obviously it will be awhile if they ever do another version of the general. Included a lather pic with the SOTD pic. Hope all in the Cadre have a great day !!

Fantastic looking set up and lather amigo..?

Isn't it interesting that all these samples that we get sent to us really "interfere" with the rest of our soaps? Nice take on the General. Looking forward to using it.

1. Dave in KY (completed)
2. DocHoliday0831. (In route to)
3. cvargo (next up)
4. Spider
5. dangerousdon

1. Dave in KY (completed)
2. DocHoliday0831. (In route to)
3. cvargo (next up)
4. Spider
5. dangerousdon