The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Paladin is to make a Brush Drop tonight

I really like the looks of that dark blue pk-47 LE, with that said I am very much limiting my hardware purchases for a while.

Anybody get one? I completely forgot about it. Meant to set an alarm and didn’t.

No success here. Sold out in under a minute is what some of the other forums are saying. My attempt showed sold out when I tried to pay at 3:02.

Didn’t try, still out of my range as much as I wanted one now...but here ya have it from Paladin:

I'd guess all 25 successful buyers were in checkout within 10-15 or maybe 20 seconds after 2:00 PM Central.

I'm still bummed. When I was a teenager and young adult I used to play Dungeons & Dragons with my friends. I was always a Paladin (Knight). I loved the image on this brush. I'd be willing to straight up trade one of my ebonite Paladins for it if anyone gets a line on one.

I'm still bummed. When I was a teenager and young adult I used to play Dungeons & Dragons with my friends. I was always a Paladin (Knight). I loved the image on this brush. I'd be willing to straight up trade one of my ebonite Paladins for it if anyone gets a line on one.
That stinks but I'll keep my ears to the ground man

I hope you can find one, and not need to trade an Ebonite for it. Good luck!

Didn’t try, still out of my range as much as I wanted one now...but here ya have it from Paladin:
Pretty much what I expected. You've got at least 100 folks, likely many more all trying for 25 brushes. And many of these folks are well adept at playing the Game with Paladin releases. It sucks, but it is what it is. I know Ken's not too happy about the way it is, but that's just how his cart's software works.

Pretty much what I expected. You've got at least 100 folks, likely many more all trying for 25 brushes. And many of these folks are well adept at playing the Game with Paladin releases. It sucks, but it is what it is. I know Ken's not too happy about the way it is, but that's just how his cart's software works.
He could easily change the way brushes are released. He could do it unannounced. Announced special brushes will be dropped throughout one month. Have people register for a lottery drawing to buy one. Etc...

Heads up for anyone one the fence right now.......

From Ken via Facebook:

"Head's up, we plan to remove all current inventory from our online shop at around 8:00 AM Central on Thursday, August 8. Pam and I (this is Ken) have spent the past two months moving all of our non-shop-related belongings into storage. We're set to close on the sale of our house in Overland Park, KS on 8/9. We'll be off-line and out-of-pocket for at least a few days after that. There will probably be a couple releases later this month. Note, however, that we intend to explore/develop opportunities to place some number of brushes in a few select barber shops and other fitting stores. So, I cant' say whether any of the brushes in the shop now will show up there again.

We haven't had time to look for a new home in Colorado yet. A friend has loaned us an apartment in Lawrence, KS for a couple months. Beyond that, we'll be making it up as we go. Thanks to all for sticking with us through these times of disruption and uncertainty."

News Flash --- Suddenly Paladin shave brushes are no longer available on the public market.
VVVVVV (See, It's happening) VVVVVV
Heads up for anyone one the fence right now.......

From Ken via Facebook:

"Head's up, we plan to remove all current inventory from our online shop at around 8:00 AM Central on Thursday, August 8. Pam and I (this is Ken) have spent the past two months moving all of our non-shop-related belongings into storage. We're set to close on the sale of our house in Overland Park, KS on 8/9. We'll be off-line and out-of-pocket for at least a few days after that. There will probably be a couple releases later this month. Note, however, that we intend to explore/develop opportunities to place some number of brushes in a few select barber shops and other fitting stores. So, I cant' say whether any of the brushes in the shop now will show up there again.

We haven't had time to look for a new home in Colorado yet. A friend has loaned us an apartment in Lawrence, KS for a couple months. Beyond that, we'll be making it up as we go. Thanks to all for sticking with us through these times of disruption and uncertainty."
Thanks KJ, I noticed they haven't been adding to the backroom anymore (y)

Back