The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

On the subject of a Sick SafetyCat.

Majorrich

"I have Always been Rich"
Veteran
Legacy
SafetyCat is resting uneasily in the Kitty Hospital after waking us this morning meowing pitifully and in obvious respiratory distress. He was perfectly fine yesterday. We took him to the Vet and she sent us to the Vet ER where they told us he was suffering from Congestive Heart failure. His lungs were full of fluid and there is fluid gathering around his heart. Luckily, He is also only 4 years old and hardy. The Vet believes a night in the Oxygen and diuretics to get rid of the excess fluids will go a long way towards making him feel better. I've not had much time to apply my Google wizardry to try and understand what is happening, but my understanding is he will be ok with a regimen of medications (which are probably not covered by my medicare) I appreciate the prayers and good-will towards getting this boy back in the sink where he belongs. I am blessed to be in the company of such friends as I have here and on Facebook. I picked this forum because he is an integral part of my shave, keeping the Murphy's at bay. I understand it may be relocated if this is a bad assumption.

RichIMG_3533 (1).JPG

Oh no! We can’t have a safety car for long! Speedy recovery for Rich’s sake!

I hope your baby gets better! By the way, that's one handsome youngin you got there!

Hoping and praying for the best Rich. Congestive Heart Failure is no joke. I hope they are able to treat Safety Cat and all is well. Our little (and sometimes not so little) creatures are so important to us as members of our families. Praying everything goes well.

We have him home now with a bunch of meds to help him stay comfortable. His prognosis is kind of grim, but that still gives me several months to take a zillion pictures and enjoy him as much as possible. The other cats are shunning him at the moment. I presume it’s because he smells like the hospital.

Sorry to hear Rich. Still hoping for the best.

Back