The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

OCtober 2018 ... All Open Comb razors are welcome.

OCtober 20, 2018

Gillette NEW LC Reissue & Voshkod Teflon #1
Fendrihan 24mm B&W
Antica Barbearia de Bairro
Thayers Medicated WH Astringent
Obsessed for Men by CK

OCtober 20

Gillette New De Luxe Decollete. The New De Luxe is probably my favorite of all the Gillette OC, and the short handle version makes it very easy to maneuver. Tonight was a straight two pass BBS.

OCtober 20

Gillette New De Luxe Decollete. The New De Luxe is probably my favorite of all the Gillette OC, and the short handle version makes it very easy to maneuver.
How does that differ from the Tuckaway? Looks very similar.

How does that differ from the Tuckaway? Looks very similar.

Marketing I guess. The Tuckaway was supposed to be for men to carry around in a small case that will fit in your pocket. The Decollete was marketed for women and preceded being called Lady Gillette. To my knowledge, there was no "Tuckaway" with the De Luxe, but I think there was a Decollete model of the New Improved Tuckaway. I am absolutely sure they were the same razor.

Saturday's razor:
The Treet Platinum worked well in this razor.

Today's razor:
The Treet SE didn't tear up my face today, yay!

OCtober 21

Gillette New Raised Flat Bottom Decollete. Up until the time another B&B member sold this to me, I did not know it existed. Now that I have one, it is quickly becoming my second favorite Gillette OC razor. There is definitely something about the short handle that makes the last three razors even better than their long handle cousins. Good way to end OCtober for myself with a two pass plus touch up near BBS.

PAA Ascension Twist SS & Personna Platinum Chrome #2
Yaqi Barber Pole 38mm
MWF “The Fat”
Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
Nivea Sensitive a/s lotion
Nautica Voyage N-83 edt

Thought I would actually play in OCtober! Pulled out my Gillette Big Fellow for this morning's shave!

OCtober 23-31

I begin my vacation tomorrow morning and will be away for the next two weeks. Have never taken a long vacation to a foreign country ever since I started working professionally and thought that three years into retirement would be a good time. I will continue my OCtober activity using my Gillette Guard razor paired with a synthetic Omega brush and a La Toja stick shaving soap.

So what happened to today's shave? Well, I kind of cheated, but thought it was fitting for where I will be over the next two weeks. ;-)

Have fun for the rest of OCtober, I know I will.

Yesterday, today, and probably the rest of the month...

Well, I might change brushes...

The PAA SS DOC Ascension is in the running for best OC I have ever used. It is a great design.

Muhle R41 & Personna Platinum Chrome #1
RR Beehive
Stone Cottage Leather&Smoke
Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
Chiseled Face Sherlock a/s splash

Another day with the PBOCS. Very light, but a great shaver with a light touch. The Bakelite razors are just kind of fun.

Back