The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Occam’s Enoch SE

81e1767c91d4c8e68261706829910d47.jpg

Took the Enoch out for its maiden voyage this morning. I do not have a Vector or Asylum so I’ll compare it to my Cobra Classic. As Gus mentioned there is enough blade feel that most would not consider this a mild razor. I liken it to a Cobra Classic + in terms of blade feel and aggressiveness. However with a Feather Pro I found the shave to be very smooth and efficient. The angle was very easy to find and maintain. I am really impressed with the Enoch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shave #2 just as good if not better than the first with the Enoch. The Feather Pro blade can feel a bit harsh like on its first to second shave. None of that with the Enoch as it really just feels comfortable and gives direct feedback on exactly what the blade & razor are doing in unison. Almost Cobra like on how it takes down the whiskers. Very impressive so far....

ACC08E80-97D6-45B1-8ACC-154CF6995E88.jpeg

Shave #2 just as good if not better than the first with the Enoch. The Feather Pro blade can feel a bit harsh like on its first to second shave. None of that with the Enoch as it really just feels comfortable and gives direct feedback on exactly what the blade & razor are doing in unison. Almost Cobra like on how it takes down the whiskers. Very impressive so far....

View attachment 14218
You're killing me smalls !!!

Super smooth with the Schick was the Enoch. Had to take a quick looksy to make sure I installed one. But, still removed the whiskers effectively without a single issue. BBS in a glorious 3 passes with no buffing required. A real good shave truth be told. The Enoch has been a wonderful surprise so far. A great evening and shaves to all...

9F18D450-9362-4640-9AF9-6CE54A5F7620.jpeg

Every time I see a pic of this dang thing I have an internal discussion has to how I have the Vector and don't need to be trying any more SE razors.

Now that was a feisty shave! Not intimidating but, I had to pay more attention and stay in tuned with the shave using the Enoch and Feather Pro Super combination. A wonderful 2 pass and slight touch up shave. Smooth, smooth finish that was nic and cut free. Just the tiniest bit of irritation on the chin and Sir Adam’s area from the touch ups. Gone though after the splash and a few minutes. Fabulous shave, period. Blade feel is certainly amped up in the Enoch with the Super but, still a comfortable shave as long as presence of mind is used knowing that the Super is a more aggressive blade with a bit more blade exposure. The Enoch works with any blade you throw at it and does it extremely well with each one. If you don’t have a Classic Cobra or King and want to experience what it would be like to shave with either one of those razors, the Enoch gets you pretty darn close to that experience. I have no reserves in recommending this razor to any wet shaving enthusiasts that desires to step into the Artist Club SE razor format. It delivers on all fronts on construction, quality and shave performance. A wonderful day and great shaves to all...

Unless, of course you happen to be The Bingo Monkey. In that case, all bets are off.... 😁

5F1D7D3C-D2A4-4BD8-AA68-606F2DD1CB1E.jpeg

January 4, 2020
Enoch
Feather Pro
DK7
SV Manna di Sicilia
Shave Soap & Aftershave

I have certainly had a lazy morning sleeping in and a leisurely walk with Mocha. At lease I got the shower and shave in before noon. This is my 7th shave with the Enoch and Feather Pro. Another excellent 3 pass shave. After touch ups along my jaw line and buffing my lower right neck, I ended up with a drama free BBS shave. A splash of the matching aftershave left me smooth and smelling good. After 7 shaves I will compare it with some of the other AC razors I have used. The Enoch holds the blade firmly without any play, unlike the OREN. As such I find the Enoch a less forgiving of poor technique. However, the head is much smaller and nimble. I have found the Enoch to be very smooth and efficient when using a Feather Pro blade. In my mind, the real comparison for the Enoch is the Cobra Classic or King Cobra. The shaves between them are very very similar. Loading a blade is much easier. Given that the Cobra is for all practical purpose unobtainable, the Enoch is a real alternative. I will dial things up next week and load a Feather Pro Super blade up in the Enoch. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Thank you, Clint and Gus for the excellent reviews! I will continue to follow your reports, but am very happy with my Vector, and see no need to replace it. My Vector and AS-D2 are my preferred modern artisan razors followed closely by the Silversmith and SS Lupo. All of the latter meet my effortless face and dome clearing criterion. I anticipate having a large den clearing event in the near future With focus on razors! I have far too many.

Back