The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Occam’s Enoch SE

GearNoir

“The Disney Princess’s Apprentice”
As one who missed out on the RX, but enjoyed the shave when I did get to try it, this looks very interesting for the price point!

There’s a new “Hiram” razor too that appears to be an Occam/Cobra mash up, but with the Occam head, it does not appeal.

Hopefully the low price sticks around and the positive reviews abound!

As one who missed out on the RX, but enjoyed the shave when I did get to try it, this looks very interesting for the price point!

There’s a new “Hiram” razor too that appears to be an Occam/Cobra mash up, but with the Occam head, it does not appeal.

Hopefully the low price sticks around and the positive reviews abound!
I jumped in at the low preorder price. I just got information that it just shipped. Hoping for a shaver similar to the Cobra classic.

I jumped in at the low preorder price. I just got information that it just shipped. Hoping for a shaver similar to the Cobra classic.
Nice! I never caught wind of it before today sadly or I might have as well. Looking forward to your thoughts when the shaves flow.

Wow, that does look a lot like the Rx. I’d be interested if anyone gives it a try.

Speaking of, is the Rx officially out of production?

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Enoch was delivered today. Unfortunately, I shaved earlier today and will have to wait until tomorrow morning to give it a go. But, it looks very nice and the blade loaded up onto the tabs without much issue. Pretty much looks very evenly exposed through the whole length of the razor head and no sloppiness at all detected on the blade fitment. Tight and evenly held. The threaded stud is just slightly on the rough side in terms of removing and installing the handle but, I unscrewed and reinstalled it a few times and the tightening action became a bit smoother and was a non issue after about 3-4 repetitions. It’s loaded with a fresh Feather Pro and ready for tomorrow mornings maiden shave with the Enoch.

On a side note, all those products were included in the package. I DID NOT ORDER ANY OF THESE. It is part of the extra bonus that Mr. Webster and CS included in the package I’m assuming. An extremely generous gesture and I’m very appreciative of it. It was not needed but, I thank them nonetheless.....

B0F8C11C-527C-4D7D-AFBB-EC2C3F9F33A5.jpeg
5D2BFAE4-8FD4-4082-A5B3-2A585801137C.jpeg
EF758A1B-D184-4F1D-B2D5-50F74973E798.jpeg
16CB56D7-AEA1-48CE-8971-BF79C4C3C628.jpeg
13AF2548-555A-4D78-9757-E0362A32A69D.jpeg
CD20D201-C53E-4EDE-BBB3-9FFD4C27BD06.jpeg
8905173B-4FFD-4B3F-9529-233932BABDCF.jpeg
8905173B-4FFD-4B3F-9529-233932BABDCF.jpeg
75BC0E16-D768-473A-AF50-DE9C7E67347F.jpeg

Looks great Gus! MIM always worries me, but this looks well done. Looking forward to the report!

MIM is always a 50/50 proposition. Two things always concern me with the process. One is the type of metal being used and binder. Second is creating a suitable uniform feed process and getting them to adhere at a crucial temperature. That temperature is vital as it will prevent any air bubbles from forming and that the powdered metal binds at nearly 100% once the binder has been removed and sintered. Think of it as a big baking process for metals. Plus, being made overseas one can’t be sure definitively if a good grade of Stainless Steel is being used.

Fit and feel are pretty good though for the price and everything looks like it should give a good shave. We’ll see how the shave goes in the morning.....

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Enoch was delivered today. Unfortunately, I shaved earlier today and will have to wait until tomorrow morning to give it a go. But, it looks very nice and the blade loaded up onto the tabs without much issue. Pretty much looks very evenly exposed through the whole length of the razor head and no sloppiness at all detected on the blade fitment. Tight and evenly held. The threaded stud is just slightly on the rough side in terms of removing and installing the handle but, I unscrewed and reinstalled it a few times and the tightening action became a bit smoother and was a non issue after about 3-4 repetitions. It’s loaded with a fresh Feather Pro and ready for tomorrow mornings maiden shave with the Enoch.

On a side note, all those products were included in the package. I DID NOT ORDER ANY OF THESE. It is part of the extra bonus that Mr. Webster and CS included in the package I’m assuming. An extremely generous gesture and I’m very appreciative of it. It was not needed but, I thank them nonetheless.....

View attachment 13976
View attachment 13975
View attachment 13977
View attachment 13978
View attachment 13979
View attachment 13980
View attachment 13981
View attachment 13981
View attachment 13982
I rushed home hoping to find my razor in the mail..... nothing. 😞

Hang in there, it's a coming.....
04bf4fb87266808f43997f3a61d68f62.jpg

Short and sweet. How did it shave? Very well thank you very much. First things first is this is not an original Occam’s or O.R.E.N razor in feel and performance. The floating blade design is now replaced by the traditional rigid and vice like hold and full support of the top and bottom plates. Does it just as good as an Rx, Vector, ATT SE1 and any other AC designed razor. The razor feels balanced along the whole length of it with a high quality look to it.

The shave itself with the Enoch was efficient in that 2 passes and some minor buffing along the chin and jawline produced A BBS result. The shave was comfortable and smooth yet, there is enough blade feel that in no way is this considered a mild razor. Actually, it’s very similar in shave feel to the Blackland Vector and shares the small head profile along with being very close in design (nearly identical) to the Asylum Rx, though nowhere near as blade forward feeling. It has design attributes of both yet still exhibits it’s own feel and performance. It has a nice balance of smoothness & efficiency and shaves equally as good as any other AC styled razor.

I’ll shave with it for a full week and see how it delivers and performs with other brands of blades. I have no doubt that it will be a consistently good performer.....

9B654224-18A2-4A42-B430-61E619E8CFCE.jpeg

Back