The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Sat:

2269 days of consecutive shaving - 1027 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Central Texas Soaps Weekend Rodeo
Gray Dog Education History
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

You know you're doing something right when your wife is loading something into the back of her SUV and says "Hey, my car smells good. Oh wait, that's you."

View attachment 137295
Zorin's Airship
Ya now tell her what you have been eating, LOL

2271 days of consecutive shaving - 1029 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Storybook Soapworks Visions and Revisions
Sorrentino Oregon State
Thayers Lemon
Storybook Soapworks Visions and Revisions AS

Pretty decent weekend. Picked my wife up from the airport on Saturday and then went to her parents' house for dinner for her dad's birthday. Delicious Persian kebab. It's not always delicious as my FIL likes to tinker with what he does instead of just replicating it when it's a winner. Then up to the city where my wife visited a co-worker in the hospital while I strolled around to an area of Golden Gate Park I'd never really been to before. Then we had an errand in downtown where I found my favorite scotch store isn't open on Sunday. And we decided to have lunch at Neiman Marcus which was actually good food and great service. Bonus is it's at the top of the rotunda of the store with glass that looks like a Faberge Egg.
2024-nocluehere.jpg
IMG_0432.jpeg

2272 days of consecutive shaving - 1029 open-blade
Some open comb thing with a blade in it
Lothur Dave
Stirling synth
Thayers Lemon
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan

I dunno what this shave was, but it was my own damn fault. I decided to use a DE other than the 6S because I have several that just sit there. Well, This was one of those that came in a big lot so I don't really track the shaves I've had with it nor the blade that's in it. Barely ended up with BBS at the end and thought I might not even get there. I didn't want to be too aggressive with an open comb to make up for the lack of hair removal. I keep putting it off, but I really need to get rid of some of this stuff I rarely use.

hdg934lame23.jpg

2273 days of consecutive shaving - 1029 open-blade
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Leftovers
Barber Pole
Thayers Lemon
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Ya, that's right. No picture. Deal with it. I just decided to use what was building up in the bottom of the bowl. Remnants. Bowlnants if you will. And I went back to the tried and true razor. Boring, but oh so effective. Today is Cobb salad day. And for my birthday my sister got me a couple of very unique scents. I'm hoping we can do a video about them this evening. Stay tuned!

2274 days of consecutive shaving - 1029 open-blade
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
TSC Clown Puke
Oz Purple
Thayers Lemon
Missoni

Well today could be better than a Cobb salad. I have an annual 30min meeting where they give us $50 Door Dash credit to just order for ourselves. I suppose technically I could be having steak for lunch.
2024-1Q-1963-99-17-07.jpg

Back