The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

It finally happened....Bougie has SeniorCitizenitis. Its when old people get lazy about the things they used to be able to do without fail. The Ben-Gay and the orthopedic shoes are on the way.....hang on, geezer.
^^^ old person^^^

2093 days of consecutive shaving - 929 open-blade
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Leftovers
AP Flat Top
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Another messed up morning. I noticed a notification from my wife's car as I was getting into the shower, but didn't think any of it. She came down just as I was about to shave saying there was a warning about low coolant. So in my robe, I went out and yup. Not the normal plastic box of green stuff. Nope, this car has purple stuff in a sphere. I have never seen a plastic sphere in a car before. So I told her to take my car because I have a shorter drive. Well, I finally woke up enough to realize I should just stop at the auto parts store I pass on the way to work and get some stuff to fill it up. So I did a quick one-pass shave that left me SAS at best. And guess what, the auto parts store isn't open at 6:30.

How often has anyone ever admitted I was right? Turns out I'm usually right....but no one ever gives me credit. Much love to @BarberDave for acknowledging what normally occurs on a daily basis and goes unrewarded.
Michele!!!!!

How often has anyone ever admitted I was right? Turns out I'm usually right....but no one ever gives me credit. Much love to @BarberDave for acknowledging what normally occurs on a daily basis and goes unrewarded.
I said you were right, but you’re still an old person

And not to mention, you were very, very, very wrong about the directions back to the hotel in Las Vegas and don’t bring up Dan Ackroid. It was all on you.

Michelle on the other hand is always right

And not to mention, you were very, very, very wrong about the directions back to the hotel in Las Vegas and don’t bring up Dan Ackroid. It was all on you.

Michelle on the other hand is always right
Ignoring facts.....not cool. And it cost you $158.

2094 days of consecutive shaving - 929 open-blade
Rex Ambassador w/ Wizamet (2)
Saponifico Varesino Manna Di Silica
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 two-band 26mm Manchurian High Mountain White badger knot in Ziricote handle
Thayers Lemon
Louis Vuitton Ombré Nomade

Soooo today… got an early morning text from my daughter (from down the hall) that her body hurts and she’s been up since 3am. I think, here we go. Her boyfriend was out sick yesterday with vomiting and needed to go to the ED and she was with him the day before that. I threw some clothes and on ran to the office to get my laptop to return to a miserable girl who had started the puking. She’s been through a lot in the past and her texting asking where I was while I was driving home was enough to know how bad she felt. So we’re dealing with that now.

Boy @Spider has the right rule. I didn’t like the rough scruff I had to deal with yesterday and today by the time I got a late shower my face felt like a metal file. It’s the most hair growth I’ve had since my beard turned white I think. I’m curious what it would look like if I actually grew out a full beard at this point, but that’s not happening. My cheeks are back to dolphin screaming smooth. And, as usual, you are all invited to feel.

IMG_6979.jpeg

I understand at your age you can get forgetful about the facts, and the truth, not to mention you’re taking me for sushi. The next time we come up.
First of all:

...you are older than me!!

and second:

....Deal.

Friday:

2095 days of consecutive shaving - 930 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Tallow + Steel Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness
Wolf Whiskers Zydeco in Aztec Gold and Heart of Gryffindor
Thayers Lemon
Tallow + Steel Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness AS