The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2086 days of consecutive shaving - 926 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Grooming Dept Elan
Blue Honeycomb
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling

It was an interesting morning. I had a presentation to give at 9:00 and I bugged my staff to get me some of the info yesterday and got it mostly done last night. Came in early this morning and finished it up, and started through my backlog of emails. I get to one with the agenda for today's meeting and see I was scheduled at 8:15. This was at 8:10. Luckily I had the thing done and everything printed out I needed. Even had fished out my super powerful green laser pointer that was tucked away since we went all virtual when COVID hit. Needless to say it threw me off a bit but we got 'er done.

IMG_6873.jpeg

Thursday:

2087 days of consecutive shaving - 927 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Uncle Jon's Pipe Smoke
AP Flat Top
Thayers Lemon
Le Labo Tabac 28

IMG_6889.jpeg

2088 days of consecutive shaving - 927 open-blade
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Oleo Soapworks Humanitist
Custom synth
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi

Gear says it's Friday, so be it. Finishing up 1:1 with my staff just to see what's up and then catching up on rounding in the hospital. I signed up for the Zoom call Sunday because I know B Dave will be hurting having to quit me cold turkey like that after the con. So I would invite all others to join us.

IMG_6906.jpeg

@NurseDave I signed up for the Zoom call Sunday because I know B Dave will be hurting having to quit me cold turkey like that after the con.

You signed up I hadn’t noticed

Sunday:

2090 days of consecutive shaving - 928 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Moon Astoria
Big Green
Thayers Lemon

IMG_6929.jpeg

Monday:

2091 days of consecutive shaving - 928 open-blade
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Leftovers
?
Thayers Lemon

2092 days of consecutive shaving - 929 open-blade
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Pinnacle Tales of Leonforte
AP Flat Top
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's Racquet

So yesterday was weird. It's not too unusual that I wake up tired when I need to get to work. My early-riser get-up-and-go has been replaced by totally wishing I could stay in bed until 8 every morning. But yesterday I was almost falling asleep in the shower. I only had one call with a doc on my calendar for the day so I texted my boss and headed back to bed. When I woke up again, I changed the calendar invite for the doc to my cell phone and added in that I was at home and he could call when he was free. Still in bed, my phone rings with a Teams video call. Ummm. So I'm scrambling to get a shirt on so I can answer it but don't get to the call in time. We end up connecting and that got me moving for the day. I don't know what was up. No other symptoms other than exhaustion. Back to normal today and looking forward to a Cobb salad for a meeting I'm not even attending. :D

IMG_6945.jpeg

It finally happened....Bougie has SeniorCitizenitis. Its when old people get lazy about the things they used to be able to do without fail. The Ben-Gay and the orthopedic shoes are on the way.....hang on, geezer.

Back