The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #316 (DE:108 SE:84 Str:123 Cart:0) - 818 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Paladin Tobacco Road
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Missoni

Asylum RX. Are you man enough?

2020 shave #317 (DE:108 SE:84 Str:124 Cart:0) - 819 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (1)
Stirling synth
Talbot Winter's Refraction
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Talbot Winter's Refraction AS

I heard Gear turned his back on his SS today, so I gave it some love.

2020 shave #319 (DE:109 SE:85 Str:124 Cart:0) - 821 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
Stirling synth
Stirling Texas on Fire
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Stirling Texas on Fire AS

I thought I’d follow @Patelliott with a super manly shave. I no longer had GTB soap, but I figured this one is pretty manly too.

I’m burning a PTO day again and am back to having to take a little over a day off every other week to not lose any. Hoping to take the week after Christmas off so that should take care of that for a while.

Great! You deserve some extra days off...or extra time to work on school work, if you will 😜

I didn't like the smell of GTB at all when I got a chance to try it, I'll turn in my manly card on the way out.

Glad you're getting a little time off, so you can run more errands.

2020 shave #322 (DE:110 SE:85 Str:126 Cart:0) - 824 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (3)
RazoRock synth
Zingari Man The Soloist
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Yardley Equity talc
Maison Margiela Jazz Club

Dudes, I'm burnt out. Nothing big or special, just a total lack of motivation. Luckily there is very little due for school this week because we're supposed to be working on bigger papers. Sure did enjoy my 3-day weekend, but already feeling like it was forever ago. I've been thinking about Christmas already for some time, but have always had the mindset of not decorating until after Thanksgiving. This year I might start right after Halloween to have something festive to see and focus on. Ain't nothing else going on.

Maintaining the energy level to push through school (and you have work as well!) was harder than a normal job.

Back