The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Not quite Music City USA

Frank, I love that you have all your shave journal entries consolidated here. I truly enjoy reading your posts each day. They are always very thoughtful.
Thank you!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Today's shave:

Razor: Carbon Cx-316L
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Brush: Simpson Keyhole KH2
Lather: Martin de Candre Rose
Aftershave: Derby City Chop Shop Winter Reserve Small Batch Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Humphreys Maravilla
Osma Tradition Alum Block

I took a few days off from screens. It was very nice, but I did miss a few videos I've got to get caught up on!

This is one of my favorite soaps. It's one note rose, and I think it's a great soap, no matter what the kids say.

This was a Flow shave - my first in a few weeks. I needed that!
f8dd18c52eda5955e8647d41ca49ec98.jpg

Today's shave:

Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed A4 (1955)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson A1 Astor Best Badger
Lather: Zingari Man The Nomad
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Nomad Recovery Splash
Zingari Man The Nomad Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:

Last shave, my mind was silent. Today it was all over the place. The razor saved the day. The Red Tip is such a smooth razor, and one which gives very useful auditory feedback.

The Zingari Man Nomad is a pleasure all the way through. I inaugurated the bath soap with great results!
f5d2151d766fd7151f318c069a7f5ea1.jpg

Today's shave:

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.05
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless
Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01
Lather: Zingari Man The Watchman
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Watchman Aftershave Balm
Zingari Man The Watchman Recovery Splash
Additional Care:

And so, after a Spring and Summer of the most fascinating baseball season of my lifetime, we enter September with my beloved, beleaguered, endangered Orioles of Baltimore in 1st place. This is after 5 100-loss seasons. We could be very good for several years, so this may be my last swipe at the playoff baseball apple. If they get to the World Series, there may be a severe tax penalty due to the retirement money I'll withdraw to get tickets.

But first, September.

I'm a Simpson fan, but this single little Shavemac is a really enjoyable brush to face lather with.
94085d85ebb87c7d79d65be1ec6e35b9.jpg

If the Red Sox don't eke out a playoff spot, I'll be rooting for the Orioles of Baltimore as well. Baltimore, home of my birth, and home for the first two years of my life (Rogers Forge).
Rogers Forge! I know it well!

This is a bit more of a journal entry than a shaving journal entry. It occurred to me just now that this is the Sunday before Labor Day. As a kid in East Tennessee, the Sunday before Labor Day was my yearly one night window on what is now a disappeared world - the first and second generations of Vegas, and the last survivors of Vaudeville would team up for an 18 hour entertainment and fund raising spectacular: The Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon for Muscular Dystrophy Research.

I discovered the show as a 6 year old, andy parents were pretty laid back, so I quickly made it a yearly goal to watch the whole thing. I succeeded in later years, but what I see now is that my whole contact with those entertainers occurred in their later years. But I got to.see some incredible acts on that show.

What the world needs now, is love, sweet love.

Rogers Forge! I know it well!

They owned a rowhouse on Stanhope Rd. They squeezed four young children in, though there were only two when they bought it. Father did a double tour in Balitimore. My sister and I were born there. They had season tickets for the Colts, too. :)

Today's shave
Razor: Rex Supply Konsul
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Star Wisp
Lather: Zingari Man The Merchant
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Merchant Aftershave Balm
Splash: Zingari Man The Merchant Recovery Splash
Additional Care:
16d44476326c7ce7ef7cfd9bbc798757.jpg

Today's Shave

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Pro Guard
Brush: Simpson Polo PL8 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cube (Mentholated)
Lather: Ethos/CBL Lime
Aftershave: Ethos/CBL Lime Skin Food Splash
Additional Care:
Humphreys Maravilla
Zingari Man Unscented Aftershave Balm

First run with my new Simpson PL8 Polo. This is the brush I'd always hoped for! It's perfect for me.
758afcae47be5ceea820b698e7925ebb.jpg

Back