The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Noise from Jeff's Garage

jmudrick

Shave Member
I'll put myself here, seems the thing to do :) . As way of introduction Garage was the name of a bar I ran in Cambodia for some years, it's still there under competent ownership if you're passing through Phnom Penh, as one should do at least once.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

I've been using the Shake Sharp every day for 10 days or so, sometimes accompanied by the Vib'Raz taking beard duty. Going through a bit of a crisis of confidence as to why I keep my modern razors which don't shave as well. Selling my Paradigm felt good. More to go. Twin Tian Li blades ($4/100) in the Shake Sharp for the head shave, not particularly smooth but effective, no second lather necessary, nor any pick-ups for the Enders Speed. Tatra blade in the Vib'Raz which I had used along with Falcons in the Shake Sharp with great satisfaction. MDC Vetiver, a second brain bowl, thanks to sale at Pasteur.
29d2c72c5616d9c4495fd28d6ba390dd.jpg

I saw Steve Forbert last night at a local club, great show

73e0b0c6a1ec219c8c93b7cb21b37543.jpg

I’ll bet you have some pretty interesting stories from those years of bar-ownership!

Great kick off to the journal Jeff!

Great introductory entry Jeff.

I can’t say I recall us interacting directly in the past, but I’ve followed your posts for years. You always have unique and interesting experiences to share.

It will be nice to meet you live on the Zoom call.

Bill

I've been using the Shake Sharp every day for 10 days or so, sometimes accompanied by the Vib'Raz taking beard duty. Going through a bit of a crisis of confidence as to why I keep my modern razors which don't shave as well. Selling my Paradigm felt good. More to go. Twin Tian Li blades ($4/100) in the Shake Sharp for the head shave, not particularly smooth but effective, no second lather necessary, nor any pick-ups for the Enders Speed. Tatra blade in the Vib'Raz which I had used along with Falcons in the Shake Sharp with great satisfaction. MDC Vetiver, a second brain bowl, thanks to sale at Pasteur.
29d2c72c5616d9c4495fd28d6ba390dd.jpg

I saw Steve Forbert last night at a local club, great show

73e0b0c6a1ec219c8c93b7cb21b37543.jpg
Great Shake Sharp shave, Jeff! I sympathize with you! My Shake Sharps are hands down the best dome shavers around! Is it possible to nick oneself with one? I’ve never done so with the stacked blades.

I'd say the PAA Meta-4 is the razor I most love to hate except I don't actually love anything about it. Douglas took the perfectly wonderful, efficient, fun Prismatic and rather than make a stainless version decided to turn the SS version into an homage to a 53 superspeed or something. It may be more true to the Kirby Beard but I think it truly sucks, no feedback, inefficient, and am not a fan of the Gillette handle.

Finished with the Shake Sharp with great dispatch and relief. Stacked Derby USTA. MDC Vetiver.
976141553e80eeb74273b91a7f8664e3.jpg

I'd say the PAA Meta-4 is the razor I most love to hate except I don't actually love anything about it. Douglas took the perfectly wonderful, efficient, fun Prismatic and rather than make a stainless version decided to turn the SS version into an homage to a 53 superspeed or something. It may be more true to the Kirby Beard but I think it truly sucks, no feedback, inefficient, and am not a fan of the Gillette handle.

Finished with the Shake Sharp with great dispatch and relief. Stacked Derby USTA. MDC Vetiver.
976141553e80eeb74273b91a7f8664e3.jpg

What is that notch at the top of the cap? Is that a locking mechanism?

A couple days with the Wardonia/Feather combo. Great..but I'll probably stick to using the Falcon blades which punch cleanly where everything else requires work to clean up.
7bf5389cf38a5c5cf38d54393cc097f6.jpg

Slaid Cleaves show was terrific. Tonight streaming Hinds, great bunch of gals from Madrid.
dd9a3990f18ef37d9fc517944a0f0a67.jpg

Looking at the instruction manual, I am sure I would slice my thumb off if I tried that! Nice journal so far...I'm really enjoying it!

Wardonia again this morning, back to Falcon blade. Since the Wardonia design predates thin blades I added a (bottom) shim for additional rigidity. Just great.

Some razors got to go, not only braces for the kid but new speakers in the listening room, Technics C700. Stereophile and CNET loved em, What HiFi hated them. They would be taking the place of nice Revel 106s should I decide to keep them.
628a6edf71617e3ad31e87e14eea8822.jpg

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Back