The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

No Shave November?

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Yeah, I know Sacrilege right? But is anyone doing No Shave November?

I'm very heavily considering it. Everybody that I work with is doing it (5 total), so it's like a solidarity thing. I will still absolutely be shaving my neck, because I can't stand the itch that comes from beard growth on my neck. So, not entirely No-Shave, but still probably growing out a beard.

Anyone else?

I'm in for Movember--got a running head start this weekend.

A pretty large contingent of guys at my office do the no shave thing, but I like shaving too much to quit for a month. The mustache is nice compromise. Plus, the 'stache gets some mad respect, from dudes at least.

I didn’t know it moved over to the workplace. I remember it from my sons while they were in college. I have a mustache, so if I keep my mustache will I be participating? I’ll be shaving the rest of my face. Otherwise, count me out. I can’t go a whole month & not shave! This isn’t Lent! LOL!

I do it every year. Partly in solidarity and partly just to see what kind of growth i can get. Almost always a patchy mess though...

I didn’t know it moved over to the workplace. I remember it from my sons while they were in college. I have a mustache, so if I keep my mustache will I be participating? I’ll be shaving the rest of my face. Otherwise, count me out. I can’t go a whole month & not shave! This isn’t Lent! LOL!

Counts as participation to me. Extra points if you grow it into a handlebar or something fun...unless you already have a handlebar, then good for you sir, good for you.

I do it every year. Partly in solidarity and partly just to see what kind of growth i can get. Almost always a patchy mess though...

This was my experience the one year I did no shave... weird bald spots on my cheeks. BUT the mustache comes in halfway decent!

That is worse than a sabbatical

Dave--thoughts on losing the goatee and wearing a mustache for the month? The shave off would make for an excellent video...
1f605.png

It could be Mow-vember where we go for full BBS every day!

I don’t know if I’d do a no-shave month...

This is me from a couple years ago. This is about 3 months of growth at the end, and the final Van Dyke trim was for Mustache March. I did not start it in November.

Of course, now I'm sporting a Mohawk..... not sure how that look is going to blend.

Good looking beard and 'stache KJ. Both/either could make for an interesting look with the mohawk, but there's only one way to find out for sure...

The first pics are almost lumberjack quality! Slap on a flannel and you’d have me fooled! ?

I just look silly when I try to grow my beard out, so I will not be participating. I am with you in spirit, however.

Back