The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New shaving soap

Received 2 new tubs of Lisa’s newer releases yesterday, Isle Of Skye & Ouzoud. First up for todays shave was Ouzoud. A very nice and soft Rose with a woodsy undertone out of the tub. But once I got it lathered, the scent notes really come into play. All soft, nothing pronounced and bam! in your face. Rose, geranium and a very light citrus accord perhaps from the bergamot. As I’m applying it to my face after a bowl build, I do get slight whiffs of vetiver and lavender, but a different type like very soft and refined. Can’t explain it but, it’s there. You Gents know about the quality of the lather and what it provides, top notch protection and face goodness. A dense, thick and yogurt type consistency with excellent hydration and very little air bubbles. Just the way I like it. The pics will do the rest......

4859BBF6-622D-4CF9-AD22-E540188E3E0C.jpeg

28A49A56-EEC9-47A5-9FC6-ED2CA6B99C64.jpeg

B8F11C80-9FBC-4BCE-9EA8-3E5C44048FDA.jpeg

A1DE4CAE-7EA9-4875-8C90-418C45FB0723.jpeg

4304B4F7-E0EA-45A2-A81E-60333CB779A5.jpeg

Today’s shave it was Isle of Skye in the batters box. Again, a Tallow & sheep milk soap base with essential and fragrance oils. Scent out of the tub is quickly Bergamot, Lemon/Lime and a nice but subtle clean lavender. Didn’t get the earthy tone of the oakmoss or oud but, once I started building the lather I got a mossy and a bit of musk lingering in there that was actually quite nice. Once I started applying the lather I got more of the oakmoss, and a bit of woodsy/oud like vibe. Very clean, fresh with a light citrus and woody vibe. If you look at the pic, you’ll see the cologne that I used as it matched and complemented the soap notes quite well. Scooped out about a finger nails worth of the stuff and honestly, I could have shaved twice with the lather I got. Abundant, thick and fully hydrated with that yogurty consistency that I look for in all my top tier soaps. Protection and glide are excellent and so is post shave feel and finish. Another winner in Lisa’s line up of top quality shaving soaps. If she keeps making them, I’ll keep buying them.....

A couple test lather shots.....
506F7FA9-539F-4355-9D95-3DB2DFA90400.jpeg

FC45004B-DD1E-4B77-BA30-0881D3A6D6A8.jpeg

96B2661E-1166-4D51-8521-436319CD0EF4.jpeg

F80D8C94-8063-4CB7-BB81-5CEC7DD6D076.jpeg

DBF37801-81B2-4FDB-B71C-A3F036E26F66.jpeg

Good looking lather there Gus !!

Thanks brother. Truthfully, Lisa’s soaps make it quite easy. Loves water and there’s no quit in it as it just keeps building. I can drown it out but it would need some serious helpings of Agua. The soap lathers like a champ, it really does....

Thanks brother. Truthfully, Lisa’s soaps make it quite easy. Loves water and there’s no quit in it as it just keeps building. I can drown it out but it would need some serious helpings of Agua. The soap lathers like a champ, it really does....
Yep, familiar with it. It and CBL are my top tier picks ;)

I absolutely love her soaps. Her Beard Balm is hands down the best facial hair product in the universe!

+1 Her shave balms are no joke either. And I’m not much of a balm guy either. But, hers work on my skin exceptionally well. Whenever she gets to bring out those aftershave splashes, it’s on.....
Just got a post shave balm and couldn't agree more and I too am not a balm guy. Didn't know Splashes were coming. Excellent !!

I absolutely agree with you gents that those post shave elixir/balm she has are excellent as well. If she makes a splash I have no doubt it will be elite also.

Just got a post shave balm and couldn't agree more and I too am not a balm guy. Didn't know Splashes were coming. Excellent !!

Yes. She did mention that it’s in the works on a social website but, she still has a lot of things going on. So, it still might be a while before we actually see any splashes. I know that if they do become available in the near future, they will be a hot commodity for sure. I’ve mentioned it a couple of times to Lisa and it’s the time and effort that’s required that has held her back. Not easy launching a new line of products. Hopefully she can make it a reality...

I have two new scents, Black Flower which is available now and Immortelle Woods which will be available on Sunday. April marks my eleventh year in business, there are coupon codes on the homepage.
Thanks for all your love this week ❣
Lisa

Back