The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

NEW release! Only this time I'm not alone! Fresh Lime is ready! See post # 32

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Yep just like the title says we got a new one and this was a really fun project.. All started when I bought a tub of Chris's CBL Tontorial Fresh Lime shave soap and thoroughly enjoyed the scent a lot and posted in the Shave Off where I used it that I wish I could have an aftershave to go along with it. Well one member in the post said maybe you and Chris should get together and make a aftershave as Cris doesn't make aftershaves. So I think it was a couple of weeks later I messaged him about a vendor section and one thing led to another and the topic came up and we both were on the same page as far as we both feel that doing a collaboration creates sort of a brotherhood between not only the soap makers but also the people that are good customers of that brand. It's been a mission I've been on for a while and not only in soap making but in all aspects of the hobby and in fact life! So here's the short story. Chis sent me his blend of Lime Essential oil and a lime fragrance oil which btw is 75% EO and then the cooling agent he uses and I made what we agreed on and that was a Skin Food Splash instead of a regular aftershave. He in turned took his premium base added my EOS Complex which I sent him along with some Camels milk and he added another milk from a local guy down in TX and I'll let him explain in his thread on this collaboration. Besides adding in some of the ingredients I use in my soaps he also did some tweaking to his Premium base and again I'll let him explain those if he wants to. I did my normal Skin Food splash formula with a nice dose of the EOS Complex along with all my normal add in ingredients and I finally got what I wanted, the ability to wear the scent which I find fits the name of the product so well. Both the soap and the Skin Food should be available next week if shipping doesn't take longer than it should. So because Chris and I live in pretty much opposite sides of the country we talked over how we were going to work this out as far as how customers will be purchasing these two products. So if someone wants to purchase only the shave soap. They can get it off CBL"s website and if they want the set of both products then It will go through my Paypal as I have been doing until my website is up which I'm hoping is up within the next 2 weeks which will make things easier for everyone involved. So the reason is as you know the Skin Food Splashes come in Glass bottles so if I shipped Chris the bottles the shipping cost would be pretty high and I also had the packaging in my warehouse. So I thought I'd explain that part in case you're wondering. I will post up when both products will be ready for purchase, the pricing and shipping info as soon as the Shave soap arrives. I'm sure Chris will post up as well about our collaboration in his vendors section. I gotta say this has been a fun project/collaboration and Chris is one good guy in my books.

Just so you know in case you are wondering it was Chris's idea to put the Dragon on the label and have it ghosted in the background so it wasn't my ego that put the dragon on the label. LOL

Hope you like the packaging design and more importantly the product scent and performance.

fullsizeoutput_324f.jpeg

Last edited:
Is this the prelude to the fabled camel hump fat?

Thats coming in the next version on the Dragonsbeard soap which is in the beginning stages as I moved it up in the line of products to be released as I've been getting a lot of requests for it. Not sure why as to me it's a winter scent but some guys don't care about what time of year it is so I guess they win.

Logo with ghosted dragon looks great. Just take my money now :cool: , I am on board and looking forward to it (y).

Thanks AJ I think the label came out nice my graphic designer did a good job of melting the 2 brands together and no money yet1 LOL

I’ll try to give better details about my involvement in the CBL soap vendor section but I will say that this has been a fun collaboration, Frank/ETHOS brought a lot to the table and helped stretch my own abilities and understanding as a soap maker (I’ve never successfully used a milk in my soap let alone CAMELS milk...how cool is that) and the end result Is something to be proud of. Frank is straight up legit when it comes to his cosmetic chemistry game, He’s got a lot of great things in the pipeline and some great ideas brewing. I don’t know how he/we managed to pull this off with all the drama going on in our lives right now, all I can say is this idea meant a lot to Frank and he made it easy to do my part. I look forward to seeing future ETHOS collaborations (hint) in the future.

I can’t think of a better way to help launch franks new ETHOS brand than to partner on this soap and splash combo. I hope those of you who are into the fresh lime scent and have never tried an ETHOS skin food splash or his EOS complex consider picking up the soap/splash combo.

I've been waiting for this to come to fruition for awhile and I'm down for a set for sure/ CBL Fresh ime, the only soap I 3017'd (y)

Dave I’m trying to remember was it you that saiid Chris and I should get together on an Aftershave shortly after I joined or was it someone else.?

Back