The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New guy.

CleanShavenCanadian

Shave Newbie
Hi all. I learned to hone before I learned to shave. I have many sharp razors now. Not enough real estate to use them all without looking like a naked mole rat. My favorite razor brand is J.A Henckels. Love arko soap. Came to this forum looking to enjoy its superb reputation for the respectful and gentlemanly like disposition of its members. Did not have a lot of luck on other forums. Not a fan of mixing ego's with passions. Hope to converse with you all and maybe get to know some of you on a first name basis. I do not mind being corrected on things just be respectful with me and I will be more than respectful back. But I am sure all of you knew that! I have heard a lot of great things about this forum. Hopefully it is home.

Welcome to The Cadre, and your new home! Good to have you here. Lots of amazing people here so anything you want to know or need to ask, we're here for you! You’re going to like it here.

Lots to see, read, and get involved with here. We're much more than just a wet shaving forum. I'm here for the camaraderie more than anything else. We have so much fun. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

The forum is a wealth of info and good gentlemanly forums. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave @heysi , @Fenster

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay
[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Cadre. So you defied the SR Pontificate too, with the resulting “hell to pay.” I started with Gold Dollars and honing from the beginning. I thought it was a great way to get going. Many disputations resulted. I’m happy to have found TSC as I’m sure you’ll be too.

Welcome to the Cadre. So you defied the SR Pontificate too, with the resulting “hell to pay.” I started with Gold Dollars and honing from the beginning. I thought it was a great way to get going. Many disputations resulted. I’m happy to have found TSC as I’m sure you’ll be too.
Yes sir I did indeed defy. As brothers of the blade and stone we are all equal. I enjoy camaraderie above all else. Pontificate is the best articulable definition of what I encountered to say the least. Thank you for a most empathetic and insightful welcome.

Hi all. I learned to hone before I learned to shave. I have many sharp razors now. Not enough real estate to use them all without looking like a naked mole rat. My favorite razor brand is J.A Henckels. Love arko soap. Came to this forum looking to enjoy its superb reputation for the respectful and gentlemanly like disposition of its members. Did not have a lot of luck on other forums. Not a fan of mixing ego's with passions. Hope to converse with you all and maybe get to know some of you on a first name basis. I do not mind being corrected on things just be respectful with me and I will be more than respectful back. But I am sure all of you knew that! I have heard a lot of great things about this forum. Hopefully it is home.
You are very welcome here, glad to see you.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

@CleanShavenCanadian Welcome to the forum! We are glad to add another Canadian to our group, you all seem like genuinely awesome people! We have a great group of people here on the TSC and all of us are very welcoming and have an inclusive mentality. We don't do drama or bashing of other people's ideas and really have a you do you mentality. There is no right way of doing things an no wrong way as long as you are getting the results you like.

We are also happy to add another straight razor shaver to the fold, there are quite a few here. What is your preferred method of honing and what are you using to hone? Do you have a favorite straight razor or style of razor?

Again, welcome!

@CleanShavenCanadian Welcome to the forum! We are glad to add another Canadian to our group, you all seem like genuinely awesome people! We have a great group of people here on the TSC and all of us are very welcoming and have an inclusive mentality. We don't do drama or bashing of other people's ideas and really have a you do you mentality. There is no right way of doing things an no wrong way as long as you are getting the results you like.

We are also happy to add another straight razor shaver to the fold, there are quite a few here. What is your preferred method of honing and what are you using to hone? Do you have a favorite straight razor or style of razor?

Again, welcome!
I am using naniwa synthetics 1k 3k 8k 12k. Getting an ozuku asagi or an suehiro gokumyo 20k finisher soon, have not decided. Right now my favorite razor is a 6/8ths half hollow J.A Henckels 472 square tipped carbon steel. Thanks for the welcome.

I am using naniwa synthetics 1k 3k 8k 12k. Getting an ozuku asagi or an suehiro gokumyo 20k finisher soon, have not decided. Right now my favorite razor is a 6/8ths half hollow J.A Henckels 472 square tipped carbon steel. Thanks for the welcome.
Very nice, I use the Naniwa synthetics 1-4-8k and then switch to my Ozuku Asagi and use Tenjou, Mejiro, Koma, soft tomo, and a hard Nakayama Tomo Nagura. OR 1-4-8 Escher, Jasper, Coticule, Arkansas, or Welsh Slate. I only wish I had more time to hone.

You'll find a good group of people on here. Great banter and lots of good fellowship. Make sure to check out the other Gentlemanly forums on here as well. Plenty of ways to learn more about the other members (and they can learn more about you). Again...welcome. And don't hesitate to seek out help if you need it.

You'll find a good group of people on here. Great banter and lots of good fellowship. Make sure to check out the other Gentlemanly forums on here as well. Plenty of ways to learn more about the other members (and they can learn more about you). Again...welcome. And don't hesitate to seek out help if you need it.
Thank you, I love it here already. Really refreshing overall attitude is nice for a change, feels like I can breathe a bit better. Wish I had found this forum sooner.

Back