The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Mystery razor in mail?

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
I received this surprise razor in the mail today. I didn’t order it, and I’ve never even heard of it before. Did someone here send it to me?

Did maybe a Rudolph Buddy send me an early gift? If so, please let Rudolph know.

Anyone else ever heard of or used this razor? It uses a half DE and has a spring loaded head, maybe something like the leaf-twig?
IMG_0235.jpegIMG_0234.jpegIMG_0236.jpeg

I received this surprise razor in the mail today. I didn’t order it, and I’ve never even heard of it before. Did someone here send it to me?

Did maybe a Rudolph Buddy send me an early gift? If so, please let Rudolph know.

Anyone else ever heard of or used this razor? It uses a half DE and has a spring loaded head, maybe something like the leaf-twig?
View attachment 122323View attachment 122324View attachment 122325
That's pretty cool looking though

This is just strange. I was hoping this would be solved quickly after I posted here.

The return address was from some medical place in Florida. The box had no indication that a razor was inside, so I figured it was something related to a recent doctor's visit. After looking up the razor, it was originally a kickstarter razor, and now is in regular production. It's made in Montana. The version I have is the kickstarter version. And after looking it up, I'm shocked how much it sells for. Now I'm even more confused who sent it to me. I guess I'll have to post it on Facebook and see if it came from a family member or friend.

This is just strange. I was hoping this would be solved quickly after I posted here.

The return address was from some medical place in Florida. The box had no indication that a razor was inside, so I figured it was something related to a recent doctor's visit. After looking up the razor, it was originally a kickstarter razor, and now is in regular production. It's made in Montana. The version I have is the kickstarter version. And after looking it up, I'm shocked how much it sells for. Now I'm even more confused who sent it to me. I guess I'll have to post it on Facebook and see if it came from a family member or friend.
Maybe you signed up for said kickstarter once upon a time and it's finally being fulfilled? Weird indeed.

Maybe you signed up for said kickstarter once upon a time and it's finally being fulfilled?
I've never done anything on kickstarter, and I certainly wouldn't have spent money on this type of razor. Now, in my hands though, I'm interested to try it out.

Last edited:
I have never seen this particular razor but have seen a few similarly themed versions where a half DE blade is inserted/loaded in what more closely resembles a cartridge styled head than a traditional DE razor head. One that has intrigued me for years is the one(s) that use multiple half blades to create a multi-blade cartridge type razor. I have seen the multiblade types range from 3 to 5 blades.

Neat thing. Something I am sure many of us would easily skip over when offered the chance to buy but be surprised by how enjoyable it is. Maybe TSA would consider it a cartridge razor and allow it in carry on (you could cheat and load 2 blades for longer trips).

Maybe it was simply a razor for review... Maybe they saw you do vids and sent it to the only shave reviewer with the mohawk !!!!

This is what happened when you went missing at the 2021 TSC Con. Let this be a lesson to all of you.........drink too much and you will end up with a razor you've never heard of, for a reason that have no one can explain.

Back